“Excellent food!”

The original pancake house
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Woodmere
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I went there because they have gluten free pancakes. I got the pecan ones. They were amazing! I asked for extra crispy bacon and it was very good bacon, thick cut. My husband got French toast. His sausage patties were about the size of burgers! Either make sure you are really hungry when you go or plan on bringing home leftovers. There was a bit of a wait, very busy place. I saw omelets being delivered to the table next to me and all I could think of was "I have to come back and get me one of those". The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 was because the waitress could not crack a smile. She was very...stern. not rude but really not pleasant either. I hate that in a server. No excuse for it. If you don't like your job, then be an actress! you work for tips!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

There were eight of us, 4 adults and 4 children ranging in age from 3 to 13 years of age. My wife and I arrived a little before the other 6 of our party. we were told how long the wait would be. When the rest of our party arrived, we were seated immediately.

The breakfast was quite tasty and everyone appeared to enjoy their meals, children and adults. They give you plenty of food no matter what you order and it is good. We would have breakfast there the next time we visit Cleveland to see family.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

I'm not much of a crepe/pancake eater, but my associate recommended the crepes and I gave them a try. Chose cherry but passed on the powdered sugar. They were excellent and I could not finish all of them.

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

Plenty of great food at reasonable prices. Servings are more than generous, and there are plenty of choices on the menu. I had pumpkin pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fresh squeezed orange juice, and it really is fresh squeezed! Seemed like four eggs, and four long strips of thick sliced bacon. SO good! The pumpkin pancakes made my eyes roll.
Great choice for a great breakfast!

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went for brunch, was very busy when we got there, we waited the 25 minutes we were told until a table would be ready. I told the host we had a stroller as well, he told me that space is limited, which kind of bothered me but we were starving and already unloaded so we stayed. When our table was finally ready we showed up with our stroller, much to his dismay. When we were seated we tried our best to tuck stroller in to our semi-booth table... It was sticking out, which he told us was a fire hazard... So we tucked it in right beside us which was fine and out of the way. But next to us was a table for 4 which had two seats on either side to make it for 6. And the host advised us we would be in that man's way. We asked him and told him we had a stroller behind him, but he had enough room to get out. Not only was he totally fine with it as he had kids of his own, but he stopped to talk to us about our baby on his way out. So host you are criticizing us for taking up extra space with a stroller that you so gladly give to accommodate a larger party....? Shame on you Original pancake house of Woodmere. Shame on you....

Other than tasty pancakes and friendly waitress.... I won't ever be back or recommend you to any friends.

Also the syrup was way too watery.