“Amazing experience”

Indian Spice Train
Ranked #29 of 206 Restaurants in West Chester
Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Reviewed 18 August 2016

We visited Indian Spice Train for the first time last night. This place was absolutely amazing. We started with the garlic naan, yellow lentil soup and the shorba. It was all wonderful, but the shorba was the clear favorite. We both were still talking about it when we woke up this morning. I was intimidated by the heat, so I was very conservative ordering my lentil soup at a 1 and my boyfriend ordered the shorba at a 5. The heat in his soup was perfect. I would next time order a 5. Next we ordered the chicken curry (heat at 2) and the chicken vindaloo (heat at 6). Both were amazing again. The flavors were all so fresh. His vindaloo at a 6 was a little spicy for me, so I think that 5 is my happy number when it comes to heat. The staff was all very friendly, service was quick and we cannot wait to go back....or at least get some shorba carry-out sometime this weekend!

2  Thank JESSICA M

Reviewed 2 August 2016

My wife and I get Spice Train about 2 times a month. The food is excellent. We highly recommend the Shorba, Saag, or Chicken Makhani. The wait staff is helpful and friendly, and the food is always hot and delicious.

3  Thank 353rjl
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

It was not easy to find without GPS. The sign is small, then it sits back off the main area. I read great reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp so we decided to try it. We were a party of three. We were the only ones there until mid way through our dinner. The restaurant service was super slow. Our order was taken after a wait for no reason. We ask the server about the menu and she tried to be helpful but was not able to tell us what we asked about. We had to ask for soft drinks twice, we were never offered any during ordering or after. The place is set up for fine dining, however, the food was not up to par. Only one of three people liked their entree. The chicken was not good at all. Chicken tasted boiled and over cooked. Strange texture. The sauce was not very good at all and it was watery. The nan was too thin and over done like a giant cracker. It was very pricey, about $25.00 a person, smaller portions the other local venues of the same type. We left unsatisfied.There is no kids menu. I would choose another place instead of this one. I recommend trying the buffet if you're going to come to this place, that way you can test out the menu and see if there's anything you like. I will say that it was clean and they did try to be accommodating but it just fell short. After reading all the reviews I was left very disappointed.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

This restaurant is tucked back up on a hill behind a strip mall off of Cincinnati-Dayton Road. When you find this jewel up on the hill, you won't be sorry. Newly renovated, Indian Spice Train is a lovely place with a full bar, beautifully appointed dining room and a separate dining room for catered events.

The owner/chef and his lovely wife are so kind, accommodating and inviting - happy to make your experience memorable.

True to its name, Indian Spice Train blends spices in a wonderfully delicious way. One of my favorite entrees is the Tarka Daal - beautiful yellow lentils sautéed in butter with fresh garlic, ginger and tomatoes. My mouth waters thinking of it. Another of my favorites is the Tandoori Prawns over rice. Lastly, don't forget to get some of the breads such as Garlic Naan and Onion Kulcha. They come warm just out of the oven and are wonderful to eat on their own or to dip in the lovely sauces!

This restaurant is worth the trip. You won't be disappointed!

2  Thank happydiner2015
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

We had a party of 12 and all of us loved this place. The afghani chicken appetizer is to die for. The rest of the entrees are yummy too. We took it easy on the spice level at 3 but next time we will venture to 5 or 6. The ambiance is at par with any restaurant. The service was great and honest not too pushy but very informative. We will definitely be back. A bit pricey for an indian but worth it for sure. Thanks for coming to Liberty Twp!

2  Thank Bovie1970