“Very Very Nice Cabin”
other travellers have booked this property
The Woodbury Cabin
The Woodbury Cabin overlooks a 1-acre pond stocked yearly with largemouth bass and channel cats Large Front Porch Features Post Carved From White Pines off the Property
Check Availability
Seating for Eight on the Large Front Porch
Additional Seating on Walkout Level Patio
Large Stone Gas Fireplace, Hickory Wood Floors, Cathedral Ceiling
Dining Area Seats 9
Granite Countertops, Frig/Freezer, Dishwasher, Electric Stove, Microwave and More Included
Hickory Cabinets
Queen Bed in Large Private Master Bedroom
Jacuzzi Tub for Two in Master Bedroom
Two Queen Beds in Spacious Loft
Full Size Futon
Shower/Tub in Bathroom
Fire Pit with Cooking Grate
Washer/Dryer in Unfinished Walkout Basement
TV viewing area in walkout basement
Air Hockey Table
Rainbow Bridge View from Dam
Rainbow Bridge View from Woodbury Hiking Trail
View of Bridge From Old Spring Trail
Bridge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Pocho1
“Very Very Nice Cabin”
Reviewed 17 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

We decided to get away for two nights with our two little Pugs. Our stay was fantastic. Very relaxing. The cabin is beautiful and very secluded. A private lake with a canoe and a paddle boat. Lots of rooms and beds. Nice kitchen and there wasn't a lack for any amenities. I do have a few tips:
1. The drive way to the cabin isn't paved. There is gravel on the road but the tire tracks are somewhat depressed and my Maxima bottomed out a few times. An SUV will have no problem. There wasn't any snow but if there was, we wouldn't have made it to the cabin.
2. I've never stayed in a log cabin before. Acoustically, the cabin isn't quiet. Our pugs heard every little creak and crack and barked a bit. Most likely from the HVAC system. It was a bit unnerving the first night because some of the creaks sounded like someone was in the cabin! We got used to it the second night.
3. If you bring pets, be wary that you are in the woods and there are lots of ticks.
4. Bring all your supplies/snacks/water/pop when you check in. There is a little grocery store 10 minutes down the road in Nellie. It also sells alcohol as well.
5. Use the directions that Shane will provide. Don't use any map app that you may have. He knows the best way to get there! I used my iphone map app and we ended up going over some pretty bad roads trying to find the place.

We will most definitely stay there again. Communication with the owner Shane, was excellent. The cabin has a key pad so there isn't a need to pick up a key.

Liked best: Seclusion
Liked least: I wish the road to the cabin was paved but I understand that would be expensive.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Joe M
Lagrange, Ohio
“Extremely clean, fully equipped, stunning scenery.”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Our extended family stayed for two nights and we are already planning on going back.

The owners should give lessons to hotel chains on cleanliness and thoughtfulness. The place looked like it had been prepared for royalty. This place was spotless.

As far as amenities, they thought of everything - and I mean everything. We could not believe the stuff that was there to ensure that guests want for nothing!

We thought the pictures in the ad were probably like the pictures that real estate agents take where they only show the best features of a property and gloss over the negatives. In this case, the pictures don't tell half the story.

If there is a negative to the place it's this; if you don't like quiet and solitude, this place is not for you.

I was tempted to not write a review because I want to keep the place a secret for my own family. But as a business owner myself, I know the value of a personal commendation.

Well done to Shane and family!

Joe Miranda

Liked best: Everything
Dawn D
Eastlake, Ohio
“Awesome Cabin!”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This review is well over due but I need to tell you. Thank You!! This cabin trip was awesome, well beyond our expectations and can't wait to come back again. The owner is very personable and was there for us every step of the way. Property and Cabin is just beautiful and very homey. My husband and I had 2 nights here alone and then the family came out. Very peaceful and quiet by ourselves and then very roomy when the family arrived.
Pet friendly and my King Charles spaniel could not get enough of the pond; he would chase fish in the pond. We recommended this to many of our friends and I believe someone in my family already booked some dates for next year-I can't wait to come back!
What you see in the photos is what you get. You will not be disappointed! Go and enjoy!

Kwegs
“The Woodbury Cabin is a beautiful find in the heart of Amish Country!”
Reviewed 3 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I almost hesitate to say how great this property is because it will be become too popular! My husband and I went with our two grown children, their spouses and 3 children 8, 4 and 1 1/2 and we all had a blast! The house is brand new, very clean and the 3 different levels of bed rooms (including the loft), made it ideal for our family. The man made lake is nice but I was bummed that the little ones couldn't get close (not really a "wade in" shallow area). But everyone enjoyed fishing, hiking, canoeing, etc. The fire ring is great as well.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That it was brand new
Liked least: The lake didn't have a shallow part
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cindy B
Bolivar, Ohio
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 2 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Was looking for a peaceful vacation and I found it. We wanted to come together as one big family for one week of peace, quiet and bonding. We were not disappointed. Melissa and Shane was so generous to open their log home to our group. There were 12 of us and a very old dog. We fished, canoed, camped, hiked, swam, bon fire every night, star gazed (our telescope), listened to music, played games.......and talked and talked. It was wonderful. There was everything provided by the hosts that one could think of. There were fresh flowers there to greet us. I highly recommend this cabin for anyone who just wants to chill and enjoy themselves. We plan on making a return trip as it is well worth it,

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing