“Awesome Cabin!”
other travellers have booked this property
The Woodbury Cabin
The Woodbury Cabin overlooks a 1-acre pond stocked yearly with largemouth bass and channel cats Large Front Porch Features Post Carved From White Pines off the Property
Check Availability
Seating for Eight on the Large Front Porch
Additional Seating on Walkout Level Patio
Large Stone Gas Fireplace, Hickory Wood Floors, Cathedral Ceiling
Dining Area Seats 9
Granite Countertops, Frig/Freezer, Dishwasher, Electric Stove, Microwave and More Included
Hickory Cabinets
Queen Bed in Large Private Master Bedroom
Jacuzzi Tub for Two in Master Bedroom
Two Queen Beds in Spacious Loft
Full Size Futon
Shower/Tub in Bathroom
Fire Pit with Cooking Grate
Washer/Dryer in Unfinished Walkout Basement
TV viewing area in walkout basement
Air Hockey Table
Rainbow Bridge View from Dam
Rainbow Bridge View from Woodbury Hiking Trail
View of Bridge From Old Spring Trail
Bridge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Eastlake, Ohio
“Awesome Cabin!”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This review is well over due but I need to tell you. Thank You!! This cabin trip was awesome, well beyond our expectations and can't wait to come back again. The owner is very personable and was there for us every step of the way. Property and Cabin is just beautiful and very homey. My husband and I had 2 nights here alone and then the family came out. Very peaceful and quiet by ourselves and then very roomy when the family arrived.
Pet friendly and my King Charles spaniel could not get enough of the pond; he would chase fish in the pond. We recommended this to many of our friends and I believe someone in my family already booked some dates for next year-I can't wait to come back!
What you see in the photos is what you get. You will not be disappointed! Go and enjoy!

Kwegs
“The Woodbury Cabin is a beautiful find in the heart of Amish Country!”
Reviewed 3 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I almost hesitate to say how great this property is because it will be become too popular! My husband and I went with our two grown children, their spouses and 3 children 8, 4 and 1 1/2 and we all had a blast! The house is brand new, very clean and the 3 different levels of bed rooms (including the loft), made it ideal for our family. The man made lake is nice but I was bummed that the little ones couldn't get close (not really a "wade in" shallow area). But everyone enjoyed fishing, hiking, canoeing, etc. The fire ring is great as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That it was brand new
Liked least: The lake didn't have a shallow part
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cindy B
Bolivar, Ohio
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 2 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Was looking for a peaceful vacation and I found it. We wanted to come together as one big family for one week of peace, quiet and bonding. We were not disappointed. Melissa and Shane was so generous to open their log home to our group. There were 12 of us and a very old dog. We fished, canoed, camped, hiked, swam, bon fire every night, star gazed (our telescope), listened to music, played games.......and talked and talked. It was wonderful. There was everything provided by the hosts that one could think of. There were fresh flowers there to greet us. I highly recommend this cabin for anyone who just wants to chill and enjoy themselves. We plan on making a return trip as it is well worth it,

Jose C
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Truly one of Ohio's hidden gems.”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Where do I start? What a great place to get away. We only stayed for a couple days, but it felt like we were there a week. A little over a week has passed, and I get choked up every time I look at the pictures and videos we took while we were there. It rained on and off the second day, and at some point everyone in our family got caught in the rain, and we still had more fun than the previous day. There were more than enough towels to dry up with, and we quickly switched from the central air, to the cozy fireplace. We laughed, we played, and even watched the Cavs win against the Warriors that night. We had so much fun, that we forgot to light a camp fire, and do the usual smores thing that comes with camping. Heck, we even forgot to cook on the grills outside, and cracked open a few cold ones, played some music, and cooked away in the cabin. Late at night while the kids were sleeping, reading or playing games, us adults were on the deck drinking a few beers, talking about how great it would be to live there :)

As far as the cabin goes, Shane has thought of everything. He sent me a list of things that were already in the cabin, and of course, we over packed. Turns out, we only needed the food and drinks we were going to consume and our personal hygiene stuff. The Cabin was already stocked with more than enough towels, toiletries, wash clothes, appliances, cooking/eating utensils, games, movies, life jackets, and lots of other things needed for a pleasant stay. We live on 5 wooded acre's, and had an idea of what 42 acres might look like, but with all the trails and how everything is set up, I was way off. This place is huge :)

My advice for those looking to book a stay at Woodbury Cabins, would be to book ahead of time. Most of the warm days are sold out months ahead of time. Also take advantage of the winter season, since there are more available days. They have a golf cart rental that is worth picking up, or bring your own 4x4, since the place is so big. There is an internet option that I totally forgot about, which I won't next time. I use T-Mobile and it doesn't work out there in Warsaw, Ohio. I think Verizon and Sprint works out there, but you'd have to ask Shane to be sure. It was great not to be bothered with phones calls and texts, but in case of an emergency you definitely need to be able to make a phone call, just don't give the kids the password, so they don't spend the time on the internet :)

I really can't think about any cons, we slept like babies, and had a great time there. There is alot more good things about Woodbury Cabins, but I'll end this review now so I don't bore you with it.

This was our first year there, but we will be going back once or twice a year. I'd like to give a heart felt thanks to Shane from me and my family for allowing us to enjoy this great place, and we can't wait to come back.

Carrion Family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: That I didn't book for a longer time :)
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Waxypals
“This place was quite and peaceful and is exactly what we need to have for my husband and i”
Reviewed 3 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This is a great place to stay and get back the special moment back in our life it was exactly what we need stores close too

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing