“A Very Enjoyable Meal”

Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Vermilion
Price range: USD 5 - USD 21
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: THE RESTAURANT: We are a Casual Gastro-Pub, grounded in fresh locally farm-grown meats, Lake Erie fish and Ohio produce. Blind Perch hires our close community friends and family to prepare fresh food and present it to you for your enjoyment. We hope to create a closer connection between the food you consume and the organic production of our Local Land and Great Lake Erie. While you enjoy Farm-to-Table food, Blind Perch also offers a unique Speakeasy-Era Atmosphere with Specialty Cocktails that are being "Aged" in our new oak barrels. THE NAME: The name "Blind Perch" is a spinoff of the Prohibition-era termed bar name "Blind Pig". During Prohibition, when alcohol was illegal, the only way to distribute a drink was to give it away - owners sold a "freak show" of a Blind Pig - "come and see my blind pig for 5 cents" and the visitor would get a free drink of moon shine or grain alcohol. We invented the term "Blind Perch" to put a Harbor Town twist on the Speakeasy name. PERFECT for a location at 3700 Liberty that has a very rich history "harboring" drinks and other activities - Bootlegging across Lake Erie was the 2nd largest bootlegging route in the United States. They would transfer the "Boot" from Canada and drop it close to the shore at night, and then the retrievers would pick them up about 100 feet off shore.
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Stopped at the Blind Perch based on the recommendation of the desk clerk at my hotel. The menu was perfect for a weary traveler on a very chilly evening. The chili was exceptional, thick with chunks of beef and a savory mixture of spices. Steak tacos were well prepared with crunchy slaw topping the tender steak. Side servings of both hot and mild sauce completed the plate.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

food excellent put on par with Che Franza, reservations are a must if you want to eat , bar is available, with separate seating. a bit pricey.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I went there with another couple on a Wednesday at 5:30pm. I was surprised to see only one other couple there and no one at the bar. After we sat another couple came in and then two ladies. That was it when we left at 7pm. I knew we were there for happy hour so I ordered a house chardonnay. I was told that wasn't on the happy hour list so I asked what was (wanting a white wine). She showed me two wines that were and one was $4.25 and the other was $4.50. Since happy hour was $4 wines, you would get a whopping 25 - 50 cents off. That is not your usual happy hour. The food was good. I got the Walleye (somewhat expensive at $20) and the other couple got scallops and linguine and Lake Erie Perch. Portions were good and everyone was satisfied with their meals. The bread was very good that was given before dinner. The server was hard to understand and talked softly so we had to ask her to repeat several times. I am not sure I would make the ride to go back, but if you are in the area it might be worth a stop.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Atmosphere is pleasant; service is unique in that if you get Tony, you also get his life story. He's a bit of a character. I was so looking forward to the walleye chowder but it was not served hot and really was only OK, nothing great. The multipe cheeses macaroni and cheese dish was good, but not as exciting as I anticipated. Nice selection of beers. Pricing is right. I have heard that the perch and walleye dinners are good. Wil try that next time.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Was really looking forward to a great Perch dinner along the shores of Lake Erie. The Perch was over battered and you could not taste the fish.

Best part of the dinner was the Walleye soup and the bread pudding. The bread pudding was the best I've ever had.

Wish I could give The Blind Perch higher accolades but not at this time.