Holiday Inn Express Vermillion
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewslake erierooms were very cleanstay there againcinnamon rollsadjoining roomsvery nice hotelparking lotclose to cedar pointhieclevelandclerkratesrefrigerator
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Called in early am for reservation. She was to text me the address-never happened so I called and called no answer. Finally we arrived to find the clerk snuggling with a man.
When confronted the we were trying to call for directions I was told I have no way of giving you directions. When asked why she didn't answer the hotel phone she shrugged.
When brought to the managements attention. We got a big apology no comp nothing so I see how this hotel operates
Good luck on increasing business when your staff could care less

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Hello tbf12,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, particularly with the service from reception. I'm sorry this impacted your experience with our hotel. We take all reviews very seriously, and I would like to look into this for you. I sent you a private message to gather pertinent details.

We aim to fulfill your lodging needs on an acceptable level and I look forward to alleviating your experience. Again, thank you for choosing IHG!

Best,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 October 2017

This a nice place to stay, we've stayed here several times. It's close to Vermilion High School. It's a 5 minute drive to downtown and 6 minutes to a parking lot and Lake Erie, with a beach an more.
Yes, the prices go up during "season" but very affordable on the off season.
The "Holiday Inn" breakfast is tasty, coffee good, cinnamon rolls okay!

The building and surrounding areas are well kept and staff friendly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We had a 3 night stay this past weekend during our family reunion. The staff was wonderful, providing us with a corkscrew when needed, allowing us to gather in the big room off of the breakfast room, etc. (there were a LOT of us!). The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The rates were very reasonable. They don't have refrigerators, but most hotels don't unless you're at the beach (in my experience). My uncle asked for one, and they brought one to their room! The breakfasts were also good, with a variety of items. I would stay there again without question!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. When I arrived by Uber I forgot to ask the driver to stop by the store. When I arrived I told the desk clerk that about what happened. I'm not sure who the man was but he heard me telling the clerk about not asking the driver to stop at the store. He came out from behind the counter and said I would be more then happy to take you. The free breakfast was great also. Def will return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I think the property is overpriced for what you get. There is no fridge or microwave in the rooms for paying close to $200 a night. The property is clean with nice employees. They have an indoor pool and free parking. If you need to be in Vermilion this is really your only option and they know it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Jeff M,

I appreciate your honest feedback for the Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Vermilion, OH. Thank you for staying with our hotel recently. I understand your sentiment about the room rates and I'm sorry this let you down. Rest assured that your comments are duly noted and will be considered when making future pricing strategies. It's good to know that you found our property spotless and that you were delighted with our accommodating staff. Your kind words will inspire our team to consistently deliver true hospitality to every guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,