All reviews rooms were very clean stay there again very nice hotel close to cedar point lake erie makes me feel adjoining rooms cinnamon rolls town clerk rates refrigerator
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This a nice place to stay, we've stayed here several times. It's close to Vermilion High School. It's a 5 minute drive to downtown and 6 minutes to a parking lot and Lake Erie, with a beach an more.
Yes, the prices go up during "season" but very affordable on the off season.
The "Holiday Inn" breakfast is tasty, coffee good, cinnamon rolls okay!

The building and surrounding areas are well kept and staff friendly.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We had a 3 night stay this past weekend during our family reunion. The staff was wonderful, providing us with a corkscrew when needed, allowing us to gather in the big room off of the breakfast room, etc. (there were a LOT of us!). The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The rates were very reasonable. They don't have refrigerators, but most hotels don't unless you're at the beach (in my experience). My uncle asked for one, and they brought one to their room! The breakfasts were also good, with a variety of items. I would stay there again without question!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. When I arrived by Uber I forgot to ask the driver to stop by the store. When I arrived I told the desk clerk that about what happened. I'm not sure who the man was but he heard me telling the clerk about not asking the driver to stop at the store. He came out from behind the counter and said I would be more then happy to take you. The free breakfast was great also. Def will return.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I think the property is overpriced for what you get. There is no fridge or microwave in the rooms for paying close to $200 a night. The property is clean with nice employees. They have an indoor pool and free parking. If you need to be in Vermilion this is really your only option and they know it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vermillion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Jeff M,

I appreciate your honest feedback for the Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Vermilion, OH. Thank you for staying with our hotel recently. I understand your sentiment about the room rates and I'm sorry this let you down. Rest assured that your comments are duly noted and will be considered when making future pricing strategies. It's good to know that you found our property spotless and that you were delighted with our accommodating staff. Your kind words will inspire our team to consistently deliver true hospitality to every guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel has been redone and it is very nice. The rooms are clean, updated, and well taken care of. I'm very happy with the hotel. I would definitely recommend it to anyone considering a trip to Vermillion.

Date of stay: March 2017