“Locally Owned, no chain menu or disappointment here!”
Review of The Caroline

The Caroline
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: USD 9 - USD 31
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Specializing in certified angus steaks, seafood, fresh salads and gourmet burgers, appetizers, full bar
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food in a quaint downtown atmosphere. My cousin and I were seated by the window and immediately greeted by the waitress. I did have one problem - the decision on what to order. Ahi tuna, steak, scallops, oh my! Reading the salad choices gave me less clarity and my mind was popping off the attributes of every choice. The steak salad beckoned, enticing me with strips of steak, blue cheese, onion crisps and yes, it was beautifully presented and tasty! My cousin ordered the evening special, a seafood platter with a red pepper sauce. She was pleased as well. A nice friendly staff, good food, delightful! Treat yourself to freshly prepared real food in a locally owned restaurant.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

My business meeting the second night in town was at The Caroline. The atmosphere was elegant and friendly. The service was great and the burger was awesome!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We meet another couple at The Caroline occasionally as it is a convenient distance from our respective homes. We have never had a bad meal here and tonight was even better than usual. Beth, our server, was wonderful. She accommodated a couple of special requests and was super friendly! Thanks Beth! Steaks, prime rib, onion soup, clam chowder, ahi tuna app, all were excellent. Lovely place, nice atmosphere, no rush if you linger to chat over a cup of coffee. Highly recommend this family owned restaurant! Support local businesses!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I tagged along on business trip with my husband and we had dinner out. I had their prime rib last time but not avail this trip. Still very happy with the steak! Love this place and service too!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We went to The Caroline with great expectations, sadly they were not met. The wait was pretty bad, 2 hrs waiting for food, and seeing people that came later than us getting their orders. And the best answer we got from the waitress and later the manager is that kitchen was very busy, not even sorry. The food was mediocre at best, probably due to kitchen being"busy", most of the time we needed to ask for refills on drinks. I don't think we'll ever want to come back. Definitely not recommended.

Been to The Caroline? Share your experiences!