“Luminous Nights is great fun”
Review of Toledo Zoo

Toledo Zoo
Ranked #3 of 79 things to do in Toledo
More attraction details
Owner description: Get an underwater view of hippos at the Hippoquarium, the only such zoo exhibit in the world, and then move on to see the 500 or so other species of mammals, reptiles and birds.
Reviewed 22 October 2017

What an amazing number of beautiful Chinese lanterns on display for Luminous Nights! Many of the animal houses (including the aquarium) are open during this evening event. Much to enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This Zoo is larger than those in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. It also has more animals and larger exhibits. I want to make it out to this again as they have Hippopotamus that the other zoos around me do not.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My mother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had spread. They only gave her a few months to live. I normally buy year passes, but this year my mother in law was most important. So we let our passes expire. But to our dismay we realized she would last as long. She couldn't move anymore and we didn't know how things would go with her progression so fast.
July I asked if they can help us out, well they did. She had the best time. Great pictures, laughs, and memories to hold on too. Sadly this was the last place as a family we would go.
My mother in law passed away October 13th of 2017. Thank you to the zoo for giving our family a place we started as a family and ended as a family outing.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Toledo Zoo has it all. A nice blend of natural habitat with great viewing areas of the animals. A top notch Aquarium. The Lights Before Christmas are second to none.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We took our grandchildren to the Lanterns Sunday evening. It was a beautiful evening to walk around the zoo and look at the animals, aquarium and lanterns. As the night began to get dark the lanterns came alive. The bright colors and lights were very pretty. Some of the exhibits of large giraffes, hippos, zebras etc. were very cool. It is a great way to spend time outside, with kids and enjoy something other than technology or tv. The only compliant I have is the cost, even with a zoo membership.. It seems that there should be a larger discount for members since we pay taxes and membership fees.

1  Thank w71k75

Been to Toledo Zoo? Share your experiences!