“Good food at a relaxing spot.”

Sam & Ethel's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Tipp City
Price range: USD 0 - USD 9
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 3 April 2018

A hometown favorite is just that. Residents return again and again for that good home cooked food. Good service and a friendly greeting make this a nice stop on your Tipp City visit to the many shops of interest.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Just what you would expect for well managed a small town restaurant. Stopped by around noon on a Sunday. Place was full but the wait was not long. Service was quick and attentive. It did take a longer time than expected for the food to arrive. My friend had the corn beef hash and declared it "just what you wanted it to be: delicious with the right amount of crunch." My sunny side eggs were overcooked and my toast too toasted. I know I could have sent back but it wasn't that bad and I didn't want another long wait.
By the number of people in and out, I am thinking my experience was probably unusual. I did love the atmosphere and would try it again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Sam & Ethel’s for breakfast and called and reserved a spot with their “call ahead”seating. That did us no good as we still waited 20 minutes to get a table. (What’s the point of call head seating?) Once we finally got our table the waitress took our orders. She brought us coffees and it just went downhill from there. The coffee was terrible, and after an hour of waiting for our breakfast we left. My advice would be to skip this restaurant if you are hungry, and skip Tipp City altogether. Disappointed & hangry.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

A popular local hometown restaurant. Casual, smallish place with quick service, but sometimes a wait, especially for breakfast on the weekends. Popular with cyclists because of the bike trail.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Have been going there for years, the last 5 or so visits there in the last year have just been terrible. Thinking it might have just been a bad morning or night, kept going back. Never again. The place used to be packed, now you can go on a Friday night at rush hour and find a seat anywhere, guess that says a lot. What a shame how disgusting this place has turned into.