“Disappointed & Hangry”

Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Tipp City
Price range: USD 0 - USD 9
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Sam & Ethel’s for breakfast and called and reserved a spot with their “call ahead”seating. That did us no good as we still waited 20 minutes to get a table. (What’s the point of call head seating?) Once we finally got our table the waitress took our orders. She brought us coffees and it just went downhill from there. The coffee was terrible, and after an hour of waiting for our breakfast we left. My advice would be to skip this restaurant if you are hungry, and skip Tipp City altogether. Disappointed & hangry.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

A popular local hometown restaurant. Casual, smallish place with quick service, but sometimes a wait, especially for breakfast on the weekends. Popular with cyclists because of the bike trail.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Have been going there for years, the last 5 or so visits there in the last year have just been terrible. Thinking it might have just been a bad morning or night, kept going back. Never again. The place used to be packed, now you can go on a Friday night at rush hour and find a seat anywhere, guess that says a lot. What a shame how disgusting this place has turned into.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I have been here for breakfast three times in the last two months. They are known in the area for having buckwheat pancakes. I am beginning to think this is a myth because for the last 3 visits they have always been "out". Even at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday. The wait list is looooong on the weekends, so I recommend getting there early. The food isn't anything special otherwise - just diner food.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Nice little restaurant! At first it appears to be super small when u first walk in, but there are rooms branching off with more tables. It was my first time eating there and I was very satisfied with the service. Food came out pretty quick and was delicious. I had a turkey rubin sandwich, and it was the best i have had in a while!