“Horrible so disapointed”

Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Tipp City
Price range: USD 0 - USD 9
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Have been going there for years, the last 5 or so visits there in the last year have just been terrible. Thinking it might have just been a bad morning or night, kept going back. Never again. The place used to be packed, now you can go on a Friday night at rush hour and find a seat anywhere, guess that says a lot. What a shame how disgusting this place has turned into.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I have been here for breakfast three times in the last two months. They are known in the area for having buckwheat pancakes. I am beginning to think this is a myth because for the last 3 visits they have always been "out". Even at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday. The wait list is looooong on the weekends, so I recommend getting there early. The food isn't anything special otherwise - just diner food.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Nice little restaurant! At first it appears to be super small when u first walk in, but there are rooms branching off with more tables. It was my first time eating there and I was very satisfied with the service. Food came out pretty quick and was delicious. I had a turkey rubin sandwich, and it was the best i have had in a while!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My husband took me here when we couldn't decide where to eat. It was later in the day, we were able to get a seat right away and the food was amazing. (I highly recommend their sweet potato fries) Since this trip I have frequented Sam & Ethel's diner quite a bit, I've only had to stand in line once and it really wasn't that bad. I also love to stop in and pick up a couple pieces of pie to-go. I highly recommend, such a warm atmosphere and great food.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This is apparently a staple for the Tipp City community. It is a quaint little diner that is tucked away in the heart of the downtown main street. You have to add your name to a wait list and be prepared to wait for a seat. The main dining rooms has maybe 3 tables and a long bar area. Then there are two smaller dining rooms off to the side. This place is not intended for large parties. As a first time visitor, I assumed that the line meant people were waiting for a table so we went to the bar. A server was not happy and asked us if we signed the list (who knew we wrote down our own names) and then asked us if we checked with everyone standing to make sure they didn't want a seat at the bar. Once we sat down they asked us to move to the end of the bar area, no problem, that made sense. However, the three servers also used the end of the bar area to stand around and talk and text in between servicing the tables. Again, I'm sure it's a small town atmosphere and people just have grown to expect that kind of service, I don't know. The service was all but great to out of towners.

The menu was your typical diner food. It was good but not great enough to go back. Even though next time I would know what to do when I arrived.