“Good food but slow service.”
Review of Rosewood Grill

Rosewood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosewood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 135 Restaurants in Strongsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stopped here after picking up our son from the airport. They have a great menu and our server was very friendly. Wish there were a few more gluten free items available. There must have been some problem because it took an very long time for us to get our food and we had to flag down our server to pay our bill. We would definitely give them a second chance.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We have dined 3 times at Rosewood grille. The food is always good and service as well. We do find that there are not many healthier options for food there. Wish that there were more grilled or not fried or pan fried entree options

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t give this place a better review. If you’re in the area get over here! We had the scallops as an entree.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Well, we had a thorny dinner. So I am happy that some had a great meal, but I am disappointed that the meal and restaurant fell far short of expectations. When you walk into the restaurant, it looks quite pleasant, but after the moment you notice the music and wonder why they are playing the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again." Is this a commentary on the restaurant? Later it was the Rolling Stones' "Can't Get No Satisfaction." Hmmm, what's up? Certainly, this is not music conducive to fine dining from a restaurant that touts its Chef de Cusine and Executive Chefs. Speaking of chefs, we have never heard such a loud kitchen area. It was distracting. In short, the atmosphere was almost painful; my wife and I felt on edge. The Venetian blinds also added to the diner-like atmosphere.

This is an American restaurant. You know that the menu selections will include chicken, fish, and some beef. There will also be a pasta dish of some kind of fettuccine. Thus, the menu was not surprising. We ordered the lobster bisque, and we were pleased by its peppery flavor and chunks of lobster. From there it was downhill. My blackened shrimp fettuccine was good but my wife's scallop salad was only fair. For dessert, we had the creme brulee which was way too sweet.

Service was only fair. Our waiter seemed too friendly and once he received our main course order he seemed to disappear into the woodwork. Getting beverage refills was difficult. Service was reasonably prompt.

As I reflect on this experience, my conclusions are as follows: 1) the meal for two was not worth $96 (including tip); 2) the food was not outstanding or even excellent; it was OK -- hence, the 3 star rating; and 3) the restaurant would benefit from improved management. Many of the negative points we experienced could be easily corrected by management concerned about diner enjoyment. The music could have been dining appropriate and not at dance club levels; the kitchen staff could be told to keep their volume down; the menu could be more interesting -- more steaks!; and the wait staff could learn to be more attentive.

Would we go back? No. There are too many competent and quality restaurants in the Strongsville area. It is sad that when a restaurant has such a prime location it squanders its opportunity by poor management and judgement.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We were looking forward to a nice experience as we hosted my daughter & her husband and were completely disappointed. First after we ordered our appetizer & dinners they came back nearly 10 minutes later to tell us that the appetizer would take 20 minutes to prepare in case we would like to order something else. Who offers appetizers that take longer to make than entree? We ordered a different appetizer.
When my prime rib was served it was barely room temperature and by the time I was able to get the attention of our waiter and get back a barely warmed, over cooked, prime rib the rest of the table had nearly finished their meal.
They did give us a free desert for my trouble which did little to soothe my feelings.

I have had better prime rib at Longhorn for half the price.

2  Thank Jerky-n-Spice