“AMAZING!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I live in a resort town in Colorado where farm to table is quite the norm. The meals my family and I had rivaled any of the meals I have had at much more expensive restaurants in such places as Aspen, Telluride, and Vail. The staff was professional and accommodating. Our waitress Tracy was GREAT!!!
Having grown up in the area, I am very pleased that such an amazing restaurant is now available when I return to visit family.
Do not miss the opportunity to dine at this fine establishment....you will not be disappointed.
Thank you Chef Sherry!!!!

Hi Coloradobarbie!!
I'm so happy that you and your family enjoyed everything!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and truly understanding what we are doing here! We love producing delicious and beautiful dishes for every guest to enjoy!! Hopefully we will see you again when you're back in town!!

There are newer reviews for Shy Cellars

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I've only been here once and it was for a luncheon for work. It's not what I expected at all. Extremely over priced and just a weird set up. The food was okay, but nothing to rav about. I don't plan on going back.

1  Thank StrasVegasDesigns

Hi Erica,
I so wished you would have visited our website before visiting. That sometimes help guests get a feel for what we offer here and helps with any preconceived expectations. Our menu is very different than what most local places offer, and being a farm-to-table concept we realize we are not for everyone.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Shy Cellars is truly a diamond in the rough! There's not much going on in this small town in Amish country so when our B&B recommended this restaurant for dinner, we jumped at it. There is nothing special about the building or atmosphere but the service and food were outstanding! You can watch them prepare the food in the open kitchen from your table and before you know it, a true farm to table meal is sitting in front of you. Delicious!!

Hi Djm9!
Thanks so much for the great review!! Thank you so much for understanding our concept!! We love doing what we do!!! Hopefully you'll visit us again if you're back in town!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

My girlfriends and I started going to Shy's in 2015. We couldn't get enough of the place but it seems lately its standards have fallen a little bit. I was there around Christmas and ordered the Chicken Picatta and it was like soup. The chicken was rubbery and I wasn't happy with my dish. Then went again and my friend ordered the Beehive Layer Cake and it was dry with no taste. The server asked if something was wrong said yes and she brought some more cream that was in the layers but it didn't help. I actually tried it and it was like sawdust. The server knew she wasn't happy and she didn't eat only a few bites. She wasn't asked if she wanted something else and it wasn't taken off the bill. Clearly she didn't eat it so as a server that is a clue. Both times we have felt a little rushed as they have asked us to leave as they needed the table. Of course nobody likes to be asked that. Just not what it once was.

Sherry S, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Hello Prentice J,

First let me apologize for your experience. We strive to give every guest, every time, a delightful and delicious meal and experience. Sometimes we do fall short, but we always make every attempt to fix it. I noticed you are reviewing an experience based on a visit from last year, since the cake you mentioned has not been on our menu since December. I can't tell by your name or date and time who the server was, but she should have taken it off of your bill. That is our standard policy, so for that I apologize. Also, if your chicken was over cooked, I so wish you would have told her so she could have another made for you.

Hopefully, you'll give us another chance to show you that we've actually gotten even better from first opening! If you check out our latest past reviews, our guests seem happy and delighted with their food and their service, so I hope you stop in this year! If you wish to give email me with your contact information, I'd be more than happy to send you a gift card! Below is my email.

Sherry@shycellars.com

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

This is by far my favorite local go-to restaurant! The food is absolutely incredible, the service outstanding and the atmosphere is perfect! Love this restaurant!

Sherry S, Owner at Shy Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Hello Linda!
We so happy to hear this! We love what we have the opportunity to do!! Thanks again for your support and the 5star rating!!