“Good fast food choice”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I like this better than City BBQ. The cole slaw and fries are really good and so is the pulled pork. The only thing I didn't like was the free ice cream. I'd pass on that.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

There isn't really a variety of things. The staff asked me what I would like and in the middle of my answer walked away and stopped listening to me. They forgot some of the stuff i ordered. They ran out of icecream. They ran out of Turkey. No condiments for sandwiches or toppings besides BBQ..which I do not like. Not alot of options really. And very expensive for the food they offer.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Friday night. The special was a 1-meat platter with two sides and drink for $9/each.

We both got pulled pork and green beans. I got coleslaw and my husband got fries.

The fries were prepared upon ordering, hot and fresh, but he said they were way over-salted. Green beans were good but salty, coleslaw kind of bland.

Meat was very hot, and my husband said his roll was soft and fresh.

We did the free "ice cream" after our meal - it tasted more like frozen ice milk. Really crystallized.

Portion sizes were good. I liked the spicy sauce, the other two were sweet and sweeter to me.

The thing that really got me was the lack of cleanliness here. The drink station was an absolute mess. Pop everywhere. There was ice cream in the floor, both wet and dried in a sticky puddle.

They weren't cleaning tables - just shoving chairs back in place. Our table was dirty, but it was the cleanest one we found.

This place is small, and there seemed to be plenty of staff on hand. I'm not sure why it was so dirty. They were fairly busy, but mostly carry-out. There were many tables empty.

Staff very friendly, overall we liked the food and the price point. But they really need to be better about cleaning up.

We will give them another try - I hope it is cleaner next time or we won't go back.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Daily special is a bargain. Great sides and free ice cream cones. Staff very curtious and food delicious. Don't eat fast food, eat great bbq fast!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Looking for a local place to eat lunch and enjoy some company. We stumbled upon this place after a long day on the road for work. The quality was excellent the people were incredibly friendly and the service was great. We enjoyed our time and certainly enjoyed the food. You really can't do better for the money.