See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2016

We spent a week at Maple Lakes while at a family reunion in the area. The park is attractive and well maintained. The pool was clean and refreshing. I like the security of having a passcard or needing to be buzzed in. I do not consider it pet friendly as you cannot walk your dog throughout the park. Your pet must stay on your site or be taken to a field near the front of the park. I understand that some people do not pick up after their dog and this inconveniences everyone. My primary complaint is that our family members were charged a fee to come into the park to visit us. My husband's cousins used none of the park's facilities; they simply sat at our site and talked for a few hours so I see no reason for the fee..

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We stayed 2 nights at Maple Lakes so we could visit Cleveland. It wasn't far from the highway and easy to find. They have a gate when you enter with an intercom. You have to buzz them on the intercom and they will lift the gate. There is a gas station between the campground and the highway that has diesel around the back. The staff was pleasant, the site was great and the grounds were clean. We didn't use any of the facilities so I can't comment on those. The pool looked nice. The only negative was no wifi. We had to pay for it but it was only $7 for 2 days.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

When I have to work on Saturdays, my wife, son (6) and I go here. It is close to home and work. We will pull in at about six in the evening, set up and relax.

The pool is great for our son and we enjoy it too. We can explore the woods and play with our son and many other children there.

The general store is nice to lounge in while our son plays video games ($) for a little while. They have a variety of treats for young and old.

Some weekends they have entertainment behind the store. We have also enjoyed the catch and release fishing.

We really enjoy the spots closest to the back of the campgrounds.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Had a great weekend camping trip with grands. They had a ball and so did I. Very kid friendly and plenty for them to do between the playground, woods to run around in, swimming pool and fishing lakes. Plus, they could ride their bikes all over the place. We had a great site, large and backed into the woods. The staff was very nice and helpful, the showers and laundry area very clean. The roads are a bit rough in some areas and be careful in the wooded areas because our youngest grandson cut his foot on a piece of a broken bottles...I will make sure they wear shoes and not their sandals next time. Otherwise, it was wonderful. it is very convenient to 76 and 71, there are pull throughs if you need it, you can camp in an open area or partial or fully wooded area If you want to. Didn't need the wifi but you can have it if you need it. Had a great time and plan on coming back.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2015

Recently stayed at this campground while on a long cross country trip. I was having a hard time finding any vacancies because of the weekend. This campground had a convenient long pull through with full hook ups close to the restrooms and showers. The campground is a short 3 mile drive from the I-71 and I-76 interchange. When I first arrived, I wasn't sure what I would find. The first thing you come to is an unmanned guard house with entry gates. You call the office using a conveniently located call box and they promptly admit you. You drive briefly through a wooded area and then see a large baseball park and soon come to the main office, store and recreation room on your right. The very friendly and helpful host quickly registered us and got us to our site. The roads are mostly gravel but well maintained. There are two nice lakes on the property as well as a very clean swimming pool. Clean restrooms are located at several locations. The site we pulled into was very level and the hookups were located for easy access. There are a lot of wooded sites, we had one in the open which was great for our satellite TV. We use our own hot spot so we had no reason to use the provide wifi. Like most campgrounds, there are a lot of units that are used by families year round but all were well maintained and clean. The owner explained that our four dogs were welcome and could be kept outside our RV as long as we kept them restrained at our camp site and that we clean up after them, something all campgrounds require. If we did want to take them to the dog park, we would need to transport them, not walk them to protect against possible conflicts with other peoples pets. This was a reasonable request considering the number of families using the campground. The for the site was very reasonable and the area was very attractive and all of the people we met were very pleasant.

Room Tip: All sites are very level. Decide if you prefer a wooded or open site and let them know.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple