4,028 results
All reviewsthe reservegreat karoozip linehut roomfull kitchennomad roomcandy hutwave poolanimal parkflow riderwater parkafrican queen suiteswim up baroutdoor parkpizzaivory coastkalahari resort
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Watch where they put your room is the only thing I can say. My husband requested a room close to the water park bc it's hard for him to get around. We show up and are assigned 5639 which is basically as far away as you can be from the park. After multiple phone calls to the lobby and over an hour of waiting we finally get moved to room 6539, which is 100 rooms closer, but still a 10 minute walk to the park. The room was clean and very nice. The park was nice, but crowded. Which is expected when school is out.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry the walk was a bit long for your husband! Some of our room styles are only offered in certain areas of the resort, which can make it challenging, if not impossible, to place guests as close to the waterpark as they desire. May I recommend something? Next time while booking ask which room styles are offered closest to the waterpark, and have them put a note in your file to be placed as close as possible.

Other than this issue I'm happy to hear your room was clean and enjoyable.
Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I wrote this review for people interested in knowing the difference between great wolf lodge in mason & kalahari in sandusky. Im new to the water park seen and our 7 year old loves them!

This review will cover the following:

The Hotel
The Water Park
The Food

The Hotel
We stayed at this resort over spring break 3/28 - 3/30. I booked this in early January and ending up paying about $350 per night and was upgraded to a tiki hut room. Our room was available when we walked in to the door at 230pm. I have been told that this is unusual vs the norm as the official check in time was 4pm. I had intentions of just checking our bags with the bell clerk and heading to the water park. So that was a plus!

This place is huge!! We ended up staying in the 3250's... so the walk was long. The room was really nice, plenty of space and the beds were comfortable! There was only a few times where we heard noise from the other rooms and the outside. That was pretty amazing considering the place is loaded with kids. The room was clean and the standard toiletries and plenty of towels for 2 people.

The water park
This water park has to be at least twice the size of the great wolf lodge! The lazy river is way bigger then the one at the great wolf lodge. I would say 5 times bigger. The water was certainly warmer too! There were parts of the water park that had cold air.. like bone chilling cold air. Around the wave pool, in front of the office where the life guard room is and the entrance/exit to the park.

There was only one towel station in the place and that was up by the front. There were times where it was empty The wave pool had plenty of room and the kalahari had 3 towers of water slides vs the great wolf lodges 1. The line for the zip coaster and victoria falls were consistently over 30 minutes.

There are life guards around, but there were several instances where I saw them showing off tatoos and socializing by the wave pool. Most of the kids had parents with them anyway, I thought this was note worthy however.

Make sure to check the weight limit signs, most of the rides state a 250 individual limit. A couple water slides were 300lbs and a few of the family raft rides were 700 lbs combined. They do not weight people but I have to imagine they have those signs there for a reason.

In closing, the water park is huge and we liked it better then the great wolf lodge

The food

Its resort food with resort food prices. A medium pizza with 3 bottles of water was $32 bucks. Pizza was good and the water was cold!

The Philly cheese steak surprisingly had no flavor given the amount of grease on it

The fries were good as were the dipping dots

In closing, it takes us about 2.5 hours to get to the great wolf lodge. It took 4 hours to drive to the Kalahari. It costs more, the drive is longer, but im confident we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingbeastofaman
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

First let me start by stating that this was our fifth March break going there, so obviously we loved the resort and found the service to be excellent. However, on our last trip from March 12 to 15 they had an accident and had to close some of the park. The remedy was to give a partial refund, which was completely acceptable for us. However they informed us that the refund would be returned to our Visa but instead they have sent us a gift certificate, and living 6 hours away will be difficult to use, but profitable for them. The most concerning part is that our refund bill looks nothing like our original bill. We have left 6 messages but no one has returned our message. If someone from Kalahari actually reads this can you please call me back. I stayed in room 6640 from March 12 to March 15. Very disappointed in the service when something goes wrong.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank RLP5656

Hi RLP5656,

First I want to thank you for choosing Kalahari for your annual March break getaway! Let's get this squared away if it hasn't been already. Please email OHConnect@kalahariesorts.com if you still need assistance.

Thanks!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great time! The room was very nice and clean. My only negative feedback was that the lines were very, very long, which was frustrating for the kids. Water slide waits were around 45 minutes, which was disappointing. It was very busy and jammed pack with people.

Stayed: March 2018

Hi Michelle,

Happy to hear you enjoyed your getaway and the room accommodations were to your liking. As you can imagine we are a bit busier during spring break! May we recommend coming back during a slower time like mid-week or when kids are in school? This will allow for shorter lines and more time to enjoy slides.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Our family and friends group arrived at the lobby of our hotel block at Kalahari minutes after the unfortunate freak duct accident in the water park. Our prayers go out to those who were injured. We had already checked in, but I hadn't received my room key yet.
Right after the accident the hallways were swarming with guests checking out. The lines at the reception counters were hours long and I did not receive the expected call to tell my room was ready until I was finally told to approach the Concierge at 6:30. There was a lot of confusion and the staff were overwhelmed. Despite that, they remained helpful and friendly. Lisa from Housekeeping in the 1600 block deserves a special "Thank You". I heard her trying to help someone else get the key to their room, so I approached her to ask for help. She did not hesitate at all, although she was clearly overwhelmed. She made calls to help me and when she wasn't able to locate my room (there was confusion about the name on the room), she took my phone number to contact me when she was able to find my room. Lisa was a blessing that brought light to a hectic day and I am so grateful to have met her.
I am also grateful for the compensation from the Kalahari hotel, which included a free night's stay and a voucher for another night.
While waiting for information about my room, I was walking the halls and happened upon people going to the Convention area, where free pizza, drinks and snacks were located. A member of the Kalahari staff informed us all about the compensation mentioned above. I told other people about this - I didn't know of any other way to communicate what was happening in all of the confusion. It wasn't until the next morning that we were informed that only half of the waterpark would be available.
Obviously, the staff were under a lot of pressure, but they did a great job despite this.
The only suggestion that I might make is that there be a better way of communicating to large groups of people throughout the facility, in case of events like this one.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family