“great tasty Chinese”

Andy's China Dragon Express
Ranked #109 of 197 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I love their food., home delivery is fast & easy..deliver to local hotels and motels for tourists.. Cedar Point especially

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I ate lunch at Andys last week... suffice it to say, we made the wrong choice.

We actually chose another restaurant for our get-out-of-town lunch... but it was closed so we went to Andys, which was near or hotel. The woman who greeted us was friendly and very personable, so we had high hopes... but the meal did not live up to our expectations.

Two of us had beef dishes - the Mongolian Beef and the Beef & Broccoli. The third had Cashew Chicken. The beef in both dishes appeared to be processed beef... it had the consistency of a McDonald's chicken nugget and bore no similarity to actual beef. The chicken in the cashew chicken lay somewhere on the spectrum between the chicKen nugget and real chicken... it was better than the beef but only by degrees. And the cashews were stale.

The rice was dry and had little pork... some of the poorest fried rice I've ever eaten.

On the positive side, all of the veggies in our respective dishes were fresh and tasty, and the sauces were very good.

For side dishes we ordered egg rolls, crab rangoon and pot stickers. The egg rolls were very good though a bit overcooked. The pot stickers were likewise very good... but the crab Rangoon bore no resemblance to the crab rangoon to which I am accostumed (it was cream cheese with a little faux crab, and had little taste).

I initially planned to give Andys an average rating... but the veggies, egg rolls and pot stickers did not warrant giving it that grade. When all is said and done, I went there for the main dish and I found it to be lacking because the beef was just disgusting (Did I mention I left half of my dish because it was such an unappetising meal? And I am 6'2", 340 lbs... I almost never leave any of my food on my dish, but this was one of those rare occasions).

Sorry, but I simply cannot recommend this restaurant... I could not have been more disappointed (especially staring an 11 hour drive in the face). Save your money!!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

The people were friendly and accommodating, but the food left a lot to be desired. The General Tso Chicken had no spice to it - almost as if it was chicken in tomato sauce. We should have just gone to Famous Recipe.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We were in town for family vacation. We read a couple of reviews about local Chinese venues. This place was our second choice due to fact that our first choice restaurant was closed until dinner time. Definitely a HUGE MISTAKE. Take my advice and keep your money in your pocket. General Tso's chicken was drowned in unsavory sauce and I really can't understand how Chinese restaurants manage to mess up fried rice, but this one found a way. Eggs rolls rank with rest of food. If anyone gives this place more than 1 star, they have never tasted great, authentic Chinese. I would rate it lower, however 1 star is lowest on the scale. If you decide to try it, don't say you weren't warned. Eat at your own risk.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I both had the sweet and dour chicken. It was good. We ordered the large size, which was huge enough for 2 meals. Staff very friendly. Would definitely recommend if you want Chinese fast food. Was conveniently located next door to La Quinta Hotel, where we stayed overnight.