“Quick and delicious”

Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken
Ranked #34 of 198 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Our service was quick, and the chicken was just as we ordered. Good tasting chicken and macaroni and cheese. Great biscuits! Mashed potatoes and gravy were mediocre. The restaurant was clean and the workers pleasant. May return when we're back in the area :)

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Much better than the big franchise competitor, and love the biscuits! Good choices for sides and desserts.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I was traveling for business near Sandusky Ohio and wanted a quick fast food lunch and had KFC on my mind. I saw a billboard for Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken and decided to try that as it was close to my destination. I made a good choice.

I was greeted by a friendly counter person and upon telling her that this was my first visit to a Lee's restaurant, she showed me the daily specials and explained the choices. I decided on a two piece breast meal with mashed potatoes, cole slaw, and a dinner roll.

I noticed they had coffee as a beverage selection and I don't find that available at the KFC outlets that I visit. My host Linda started a fresh pot of coffee for me and brought it to me once brewed. I also was pleased that they included honey and butter with my dinner roll and salt and pepper were on the many tables. My KFC outlet does not have salt and pepper available without asking (and they don't ask if I want it!) and the same applies with the butter and honey.

My chicken was very tasty and the pieces were of a generous size. The potatoes, cole slaw and roll were equal to KFC. If I had the opportunity to choose Lee's or KFC if they were side by side, I'd say "move over KFC, Lee's wins".

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Stopped by for lunch and was not disappointed. Super fast service, great chicken and sides. They offer different types of chicken so you can pick what you like. The red beans and rice side is definitely spicy and good.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This is exceptional fried chicken! The next time you are on 250 in Sandusky, stop for the jumbo chicken strips! They were crunchy and juicy. The mashed potatoes and gravy are the perfect compliment to the golden biscuits. The whole family enjoyed this meal!