“A place for family fun”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I went with my husband and 4 children ages 14,12,4,2. Our room was smaller than expected but not bad for the amt of time we spent there. It was clean. The beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were awful. Our children loved the water park there was something there for everyone to do. The arcade was fun too. We ae our first night there at th grill the food was good the burgers were huge but we found it to be pricey. The breakfast the next morning was very good I would highly recommend it. We checked out the cub club my daughter got her face painted for free I did tip the girl though. We enjoyed our trip next time we will bring more of our own food like cereal and milk. Overall our family had agood time.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Missy B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,746)

Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was our first visit to the Great Wolf Lodge after hearing many great things about it from family and friends. The setting was great for a younger family where the kids are older than toddlers but not teenagers. They were able to participate on everything and there was more than enough space to move around freely. We only stayed one night and waterparked for two days. The room definitely was unique and turned out to be one of the biggest deals for the kids. Watch the timing of your stay as anything around Spring Break and holidays is really busy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators for a bit more quiet. However, the resort does have quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Nice place rooms need a little updating kids will love it

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The service here is very good. Check-in was quick. All requests were promptly addressed such as extra sheets and a crib. The room was very clean.

The water park is great and is geared for the 12 and under crowd. My two year old had a blast on just about everything including the big water slides. Lifeguards are fantastic, always ensuring safety but not "over doing it". Fort McKenzie tree house has nets that you climb to get to the top of the water slide - bring a pair of Crocs or water footwear as these can be hard on your feet if you are keeping up with your little ones. The Manitoba Hot tub will give you some relief afterwards, or a 32 oz draft at the kiosk that is on the water park campus:)

We had a fireplace hot tub suite on the first floor. Only complaint is that the building is of wood frame construction and you can hear the people above as the joists squeak when they walk or run.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here Friday, March 2nd through Sunday, March 4th. I have two boys ages 7 and 8 and we stayed in the Wolf Den room, they boys loved it! They have their own TV and the walls were decorated nicely with wolves. Me and my husband had a comfy bed and there was a couch that was a pull out that nobody slept in. We were on the first floor which I loved being close to everything, but if I had to change one thing it would be sound proof ceilings. I could here the kids above us jumping till around 11 PM which did not bother us until we went to bed at 10 my kids were able to go to sleep but I was not able to. I can't complain too much since it stopped at 11 but if it were to continue much later I would not have been able to get any sleep. This resort is geared mostly for around the 10 and under crowd in my opinion. My boys are not big on adventure so it suited us perfectly. They mostly played on the tree house with a couple of smaller slides and the logs that you jump across while holding onto the rope. There are only two bigger slides with tubes that go outside of the resort and back in, of course fully enclosed, but that is all for the bigger stuff. There is a section for little ones and a section for little ones that want to go on a few short slides. We went with another family and we were able to sit at our table next to the tree house and see the whole waterpark so we did not have to chase our kids around. This was our second trip and would recommend it especially for younger kids. I have heard the the Great Wolf in Mason, Ohio is much bigger and offers much more especially for older kids but have never gone there. It usually costs more per night and since this one works better for us anyhow for now we chose this one again. Sandusky has a nice restaurant and arcade also. I prefer this resort over Kalahari and Splash Lagoon because both of them sell day passes and makes it crowded. We have visited the G.W. the last week of Jan. 2011 and stayed in the kids suite, it looks like a log cabin and has a bunk bed and one extra twin in it, perfect for families with three kids and both times we stayed it was not crowded at all.

Room Tip: My kids loved the Wolf Den. We have also stayed in the kids suite last year and there is an extra b...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family