“This local's favorite place for Italian!”

Danny Boy's Italian Eatery
Ranked #6 of 200 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A full service Italian American restaurant with a flair for great music, great food and Frank Sinatra. We offer a full bar and have cozy patio perfect for the family or a night out! We have a full service dining room, carry-out and delivery! Online ordering on our website
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We love their deep dish pizza and their sandwiches. They're not going to be FAST food, but they're going to bring good stuff!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here last night for a bite to eat and some drinks after spending the day at Cedar Point. We felt bad, though, because it was 9:30 and they close at 10:00. But they were very friendly and they took good care of us. The Cleavelander pizza was so good!! It came out quickly, but was perfect and our waitress was very attentive and never made us feel rushed (I’m sure she wanted to get the heck out of there and go home). I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Soggy pasta. Soggy bread. Bland. Worst meal I've had in years. Server was cordial, obviously used to people not liking their food. We're locals, but won't be back.

1  Thank ManyHats85
Reviewed 13 August 2018

As another reviewer previously stated, this place is just average. I wanted to love it...but couldn't really find anything on the menu that sounded appetizing. I thought everything was very overpriced, came with huge pieces of bread with everything that I ordered, and most menu items had either pizza sauce or pizza cheese on it. Would have made more sense to have warm breadsticks come out before the meal instead of sitting on top my salad and DH's pasta dish. And who ever heard of mozzarella sticks being served with french fries? That was truly strange!

DH's pasta was lukewarm at best, and we should have sent it back but didn't as he was starving. If I was to give a piece of advice for those visiting the first time, order the pizza. We should have done so and were not impressed with the items that we ordered. Sorry to say that we will not be back.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

In a word Yummy!!! The service was exceptional, the environment was fun and the food was fantastic. My girls both had calzones whereas my husband and I had two different kinds of fresh pasta with what tasted like homemade sauces. The portions were very generous (I ordered a half and still had to take some home...) Great value!