All reviews breakfast bar third floor lots of restaurants hotel staff buffalo wild wings very nice hotel within walking distance king suite front desk personnel rooms are clean nice area common areas columbus elevator walmart microwave cons
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I don't even know where to start. Lobby is tiny and dated. Coffee in the lobby wasn't refilled and cups were never refilled. The lids didn't match the cups either.

Room was okay, nothing special.

Vending machines were super dated. Ice machine on my floor didnt work and the one I found had a very large pizza box partially under it that looked like it had been there for awhile.

Breakfast was typical but I never saw the attendant and coffee area was not typical HIE set up, seemed more like motel 6.

Again the coffee/cups in the lobby were never changed so I'm not surprised.

At checkout they couldn't figure out how to give us a bill showing the room was prepaid with cash + points. I go to Columbus for oncology visits and can claim hotels with AFLAC. I found something online that worked but still.

I liked where this location was but will be using another hotel nearby if I go back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express COLUMBUS EAST - REYNOLDSBURG.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 6148618888 or dons@darpanmgt.com .

Reviewed 9 August 2018

This is one of the most drab, small HIE's I've stayed in. The fixtures are old, bathroom seat half attached. Business center is a computer and printer in the lobby. The breakfast was cut rate and poorly attended. Wiped down tables with dirty wet rag.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped at this hotel for the night on our way back from Michigan. This property is in need of some maintenance. When returning to the hotel after dinner we decided to check out the pool area as my daughter was wanting to swim. When opening the pool door there was a strong odor of dirty smelling water. It smelled like the water was very stagnant. There were several piles of dirty towels on the floor. The water was also very cloudy. We then decided that the pool was not fit for my daughter to swim in. Upon returning to the room I attempted to get a shower before laying down for the night. This was very interesting. We were in a handicapped room so therefore the shower had a wand. Needless to say the wand was not tight enough to stay in a upright position. This is the first picture. I am well over 6 foot so this made it very difficault to be able to shower. While looking out my window I observed several shingles missing from the roof of the drive under. When eating breakfast the next morning I observed a rather large spider web in one of the window sills with a live spider. The breakfast hostess seemed to be very overwhelmed as she asked the desk clerk for help and he refused as he was simply sitting on a stool at the front desk.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

ONLY saving grace was price via points+cash. Place is not the expected IHG property
(LOVE the Sunbury Rd location near Easton Town Center)...lobby is extremely small and all decor is very dated. The 2nd floor room was "musty" smelling upon entry...was not going to bother to complain...The decor and cleanliness leave much to be desired...the bathroom does have an updated vanity , though only a single bowl sink and drain was VERY SLOW to drain. Oh, a second positive feature -> water pressure from shower head !! A/C worked adequately, praise the lord. Wanted to open the window for some fresh air -> but not able to open ????? I will not stay at this location again unless a
complete renovation occurs.

Room tip: Great Location...that's where the recommendation stops
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

we booked a suite for June 19 on the way to New Jersey. when we arrived we got a room and when we got to the room the room was just a standard double bed. I came back to the front desk and asked they said no suite available and they would take 50% off for the room. they never did and we was build for a suite. also. when we got to the hotel nobody at the front desk. after 5mins a lady running from the parking lot and checked us in. right after we checked in she ran right back to the car before we even left the counter. the room was decent to be honest. but the service was leaving us not ever coming back again especially the promised of taking 50% off.

Date of stay: June 2018