All reviews front desk oatmeal the breakfast area within walking distance major shopping nice stay olive garden hotel is located nice breakfast selection comfortable hotel marriott hotels morning rush hour shopping and restaurants air conditioning road trip new jersey downtown columbus
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I stayed in this hotel 3 separate times in 45 days. I stayed on each of the 3 floors. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The only area that showed any need for vaccuuming was the 3rd floor hallways. The breakfast was good with enough variety. The staff both at the front desk and in the breakfast area were friendly and efficient. It is also convenient to several restaurants, shopping and gas stations. I would stay at this hotel any time I am in this area!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Fairfield Inn R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer
a review of our property. Your feedback
is vital to our development.
Kindest Regards,
The Fairfield Team

Reviewed 31 July 2018

In short: THE WORST.

Had I booked the hotel (and not my friend), I would have left without staying the night and gone to the Holiday Inn Express across the courtyard, even if it meant losing our money.

My friend booked here for the sake of saving a few dollars as we were coming to Columbus for OSU Orientation, and didn't want to pay nearby campus hotel prices.

Problem #1 - The room keys we were given were to a room STILL OCCUPIED. This is why we couldn't make them work and get in. The people STILL IN THE ROOM had the deadbolt/chain on the door.
When the Front Desk staff went upstairs with us, the people *still inside* came to the door. The staff member didn't even apologize to them (or even explain). Or to us. She actually just complained that the whole thing was the fault of the person working the shift prior.

Problem #2 - The tub had an icky/sticky something on the bottom. Maybe like one of those adhesive treads had been removed (but the hotel tub did not have adhesive treads). This was still there after the room was "cleaned" between days.

Problem #3 - A dark and unsettling stain on the wall, shaped like someone had flung a rotten banana at it (and ricocheted it off the adjoining corner wall). Or something even less pleasant to imagine.

Problem #4 - Bugs (NOT bed begs) found in the bedding, and a millipede falling out when a pillow was picked up.

This hotel felt dirty, the ice machine (next to our room) roared and wheezed off and on constantly. Just being in the room depressed all three of us. My friend's college student daughter referred to it as a 'dumpster', which seemed more than apt.

Bottom Line: I wouldn't have stayed if I wasn't with my friend who had booked it and was determined not to make a scene, and instead persevere. I hope she wrote a scathing review to the Marriott company. Simply unacceptable.

Room tip: Book somewhere else.
2  Thank C G
Zachary R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

I am sorry to hear of you less than perfect stay. This is in no way indicative of standards at the hotel we will investigate the matter fully.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We stayed in a room with a whirlpool tub, no that we requested it. Our request was for a king with a sofa bed. So here’s the problem. The room has a window into the bathroom over the whirlpool tub that opens into the bathroom. So there is not way to get privacy in the bathroom unless you call a curtain over the opening privacy. We do not. As far as the rest n the room, main tv smaller than the bedroom one, no microwave, small area for frigid, room needs updated. No the standards that we have had at other Fairfield’s. The reason for the title is that have signs all over the hotel, asking for a 10 rating. There only ne digit right in that number, you pick!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fairfield Inn R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our property.
I am so sorry that the upgraded room was not to your liking.
We will share your comments within the property. Your feedback is vital to our development.

Kindest Regards,
The Fairfield Team

Reviewed 28 July 2018

There were mostly good things to say about my stay this year at Reynoldsburg Fairfield Inn. However, the front desk did not demonstrate the normally positive responses to issues in the room, and one of the 5 days the room was not cleaned nor made up for me. The staff was helpful at times, but seemed overwhelmed with some of the issues.

Room tip: Shower was great, bed and pillows were excellent—service was below par.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zachary R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am sorry we were not fully able to live up to your expectations we hope you will provide us another chance when your journeys bring you back to Reynoldsburg.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

My experience wasn't the best, but it was due mostly to the location of the room. I was on the bottom floor (134) next to the exit door as well as the door to the stairs (2 night stay). Late at night and early in the morning people were coming in and the door slams very loudly. If someone took the stairs it sounds like they are in the room stomping. Breakfast was ok ... powdered eggs, ok sausage, etc. I would rather get Chic Fil A, but it was a hot breakfast and free so hard to complain. I had the

Room tip: Do not stay in 134 next to the exit. The room had a slight odd smell also, but I had spray with me which helped.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry for the noise problem you experienced at our property.