“YUMMMMMM!”

The Chicken Patio
Ranked #20 of 39 Restaurants in Put in Bay
Price range: USD 1 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Description: A local favorite! Chicken Patio is Put in Bay's only outdoor Chicken BBQ Patio, located adjacent to the Historic Park Hotel and world famous Round House Bar. Serving island wine basted BBQ chicken meals all day during our summer season. BBQ'd over a 26 foot charcoal grill, our chicken dinners are delicious. A dinner consists of 1/2 half BBQ chicken, corn on the cobb, potato salad & dinner roll. we are family friendly, dog friendly and seating is located on our outdoor patio facing the Put-in-Bay harbor. A great view! We offer child's meal and a la carte. Seasonal April thru October. closed November thru mid April
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

The Chicken Patio is a destination on every trip to Put-in-bay. You can smell this wonderful grilled chicken as soon as you step off of the Jet Express. I don't buy the whole plate, which includes corn on the cob, a roll and potato salad, I buy just the half chicken a la carte which is more than plenty. ($8 Or so). There is a perfect char to it, and the meat is tender and juicy. Their special sauce is tangy and made from wine from the island. Need lots of napkins. I hope that they will be on the island forever!

ParkAMC, Public Relations Manager at The Chicken Patio, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Chicken Patio. Happy to make your visit to PIB a good one. Please stop back next visit , yes we will be here forever !

There are newer reviews for The Chicken Patio

Reviewed 28 May 2017

You can't beat a wine basted sauce on chicken! This was absolutely delicious along with the sweet corn. A meal everyone should try.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Seriously, you need this chicken in your life. You can taste the wine glaze and the meat just falls off the bones. My favorite thing to eat when we are on the island, hands down. Love that they're open late so it's usually our stop late at night when we need a break from the bar scene and a snack.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I wasn't able to get to the island before October 15th...and was looking forward to getting some of that amazing chicken! When I saw that you were closed for the season I has heartbroken, you don't understand! This place was a DESTINATION for me, I thought about that chicken for WEEKS prior to my trip to Put-in-Bay. I was going to have lunch there, and take plenty of carryout chicken back with me to the mainland. So disappointed. You know your service is good when someone obsesses over chicken on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Chicken is sooo friggin good! Ask for extra sauce for 50 cents. Comes with lil potato salad and ear of corn. Not fancy, but totally awesome! Bar right next to its patio for your sipping needs.