“Best food in town”

Malt Shop
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Portsmouth
Price range: USD 3 - USD 6
Cuisines: American
Description: Full service dairy bar serving soft ice cream, dip ice cream, shakes, sundaes and banana splits. Full grill featuring char broiled burgers, fries, onion rings, fish tail sandwiches and much more ! Conveniently located on US 23 In Portsmouth.
Reviewed 15 April 2017

I live 600 miles away from hear and I have to say that this place has the best hotdogs and footers anywhere I've ever been. I love their hot fudge milkshakes and their footers with sauce and cheese. Everything on the menu is great, no matter what you want this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I have had the fudge cake a couple more times now and have to say they must have read the reviews because the cake was fresh! Thought at first I just got lucky but went back the following week and it was good. Thank you!
The malt shop is always our go to place when we're in the mood for ice cream! FYI...if you order a large ice cream cone, your going to get a large. My boys are always amazed on how well they make the cones.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

When I want a quick lunch, I visit the Malt Shop. It is a great place to eat when you have a few people you are treating. Their sandwiches and sides are fresh. It is hard to find a good old fashion hamburger but the Malt Shop can satisfy that hunger. They are also known for their shakes. I frequently visit them, especially when I want fresh food but need it in a hurry. The drive through provides fast service and the employees provide fresh food and friendly service, a combination not always available at most fast food restaurants.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Best value and great ice cream. Don't be lured by the franchise chains, this place is original. Good food too.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Their food is very good and the prices are not very high. They are easy to find, right on 23 North going out of Portsmouth on the right. My wife always eats a caramel sundae with pecans on it. She says it one of the best she can find here in town.