“Leaves a lot to be desired, but friendly staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
“Leaves a lot to be desired, but friendly staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

The staff was very friendly, and I really liked the location to the lake. We walked up the stairway to our room and the walls and windows were all full of spiderwebs and bugs - you know, the lake kind - when the windows aren't clean and maintained - not just small stuff, but all over them and it gave us a dismal first impression. The room was big enough with 2 queen beds, but right away we noticed the comforters had mystery stains on them (maybe grape juice, melted crayon??) and there were old french fries in the corner next to the bed - do they not vaccuum under the beds or around them? I pulled the comforters off right away and threw them in a corner. We somehow got a smoking room when I thought for sure I reserved a nonsmoking, so I kindly asked the front desk if there were any other rooms, being labor day weekend there was not, but she offered to spray some febreeze in the room for us. Very nice lady, sprayed it and made it somewhat tolerable for us. Their housekeeper was cleaning the room down the hall, and I swear that vaccuum cleaner was from the 1950's...plus, this is huge - my daughter was running around the room barefoot and my husband noticed that the bottom of her feet came up filthy! She had shoes on all day so it was definitely from the carpet. How totally gross is that?? We wore shoes all over the room after that. Shouldn't they shampoo the carpets and replace the comforters for guests? Also, for the money, I would expect these things to be clean - we paid $150 for one night. Very sad, we like comfort inn, have one near home we visit regularly. This one I will never return to, I felt like I needed to scrub my children thoroughly when I got home. Oh, and there were no trash bags in the trash cans - which I'm sure they don't sanitize. And long hairs on the bathroom counter and on one of the towels. The Big Boy restaurant is walking distance and had a wonderful breakfast buffett. Pool was fine.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank peach4379

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Room was dirty, charged $107 but the following night we stayed at a much nicer hotel and it was only $82. Swimming pool was old and dirty...more like a kiddie pool. Deck surrouding swimming pool was old and not peaceful at all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Port Clinton hotels

Bridgeport, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Showing it's age. In need of a remodel. Better places to stay.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Harry W
Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Okay yes it was pricey, $212, which sucks because we were in the room only to sleep, probably from 1 to 11 a.m. However, the staff treated well and there is a shuttle to the ferry. Everything is priced accordingly for the season. It's not the Bellagio, but it gets the job done!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ypsilanti, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We called ahead to confirm we could check in early. We went to check in and of course the room wasn't ready. I'm not sure what they did to "clean" the room, but there was food under the bed and the sheets were dirty. Also, shuttle service to and from the ferry was very unreliable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends