All reviews the ohio turnpike beds were comfortable very nice place to stay parking lot hotel staff mattresses toledo furniture
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stayed here as an overnight as we travelled through Ohio. The location was very convenient, as it can be seen from Route 90. It was a strip of first floor rooms with doors opening to the parking lot. It was next to a dilapidated building, which did not add anything to the ambience. The check in area was like a separate small office room at the front. When we entered the room it appeared to be very clean, but was very dated. The cable and internet worked well. When we turned on the AC, it was very loud, so loud that we had to turn it off in order to go to sleep. It was already after 10pm when we arrived, so we did not take the time to see if another room would have quieter AC.
We needed to get on the road fairly early and wanted to check out at about 8:30am. When we arrived at the small office to check out, there was no one there and there was a sign saying that the person would be back. We waited at least 5 minutes and no one came and we needed to get on the road. We couldn't slide the keys under the door, so we took the keys back to the room and left a hand written note to let them know we were checking out so we could get on the road. If it had been super cheap, I would have said it was a clean, decent room for the price, but it wasn't. Really expected more for the price.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017

The front desk felt like an ER waiting room with an odd doorbell and poor lighting. The front desk staff was hard to understand, and were a bit rude when I encountered some problems. However, they were willing to work with me to solve it.

When I entered the room, I was greeted with the most run-down and disgusting room I had ever seen. Wallpaper was peeling everywhere, and the floors had been badly stained. There was dust everywhere, and the cabinets around the room felt very sticky to the touch. I also found it odd that the room had a king bed in it...that was sitting on top of two twin-sized box springs placed side-by-side. The soap samples in the bathroom shattered as soon as I touched them, and it looked as though someone had smoked in that room even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Everything about this place felt old, worn, and in dire need of replacing. There were also no amenities to speak of, and the vending area had no vending machines, just a blank room with nothing in there. Why they keep it open is beyond me.

There are only two things about this property that I feel comfortable using to give it two stars instead of just one. The mattress was soft enough to get a decent night's sleep, and the drain in the bathtub worked properly, no water was retained in the tub at all and it drained quickly. However, these things are not enough to make the property worth it. Stay away if you can. There's a Holiday Inn at the previous exit of the Turnpike, go there instead. You'll be glad you did.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Place was terrible. There is a reason the parking lot is empty. As I attempted to check in, they added expences. Treated me as I was gna steal. If I treated them that way as a white guy it be racist. They kept saying no ppl to visit etc. Every little thing they were on me. As if they owned a donald trump motel. Also they are NOT the lowest price

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I travel during Birding season, decided to stay here during our visit to Magee Marsh in May. Hotel is located about 25 minute drive from Magee marsh wild life area (not bad). The rooms were surprisingly clean and had New Flat screen TV which I did not use, Wi-Fi worked as I expected (not ultra Fast but good enough to do your work). Staff are very Friendly and helpful. I would recommend to friends and will return in next trip.

Room tip: Don't have tips But I requested to front desk and Staff were able to accommodate it.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Great location, huge place, easy access. Great military discount too. Room is clean and spacious and bathroom is clean and nice. Very happy with this place EXCEPT they are NOT pet friendly. I didn't have my furry daughter with me on this trip...or there is NO WAY I would have stayed here. If they changed their pet policy...then they would earn 5 stars.

Date of stay: April 2016