USD 167
USD 87
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 112/night.

Villa Rosa Motel(Painesville)
USD 67
Rider's Inn(Painesville)
USD 113
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor(Mentor)(Great Value!)
USD 88
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
USD 171
USD 160
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 185/night.

USD 153
USD 102
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

USD 165
USD 148
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanmedical centeryogurtpool and hot tubeasy chairchoice hotelsmake your own wafflesyoung manthe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastup to datecoffee makerdavidohiochardon
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I'm kind of surprised at the high ratings on this hotel. We stayed in five traveler-oriented chain hotels in five nights, all about the same price ($90-100), and this was the most disappointing by a wide margin. I have been very happy with other Comfort Inns in the past; by comparison, this seemed like a re-labelled Super 8. I had actually given it three stars initially, but after the next morning, I dropped it to two.

It was clean, so good there. But ...

The bathroom (just combo tub/shower and toilet) was so small that you practically were standing in the tub to shut the door. It was nearly impossible to change clothes in the bathroom, and there was no place to set things down in the bathroom.

The sink area was in the actual room, which meant that I could NOT get up and start getting ready without waking everyone else up with the light and noise. Furthermore, the sink area was tiny, and a huge portion of that was taken up by the coffee maker and associated stuff and the kleenex box (which had sandpaper for tissues). And there wasn't even a towel bar for a hand towel near the sink, so the towel for drying off at the sink ended up taking up the remaining area by the sink.

Moving on ...no closet; instead there was something that might loosely be called a wardrobe, but it looked like they had gotten it from a going-out-of-business sale at Staples It was really a very poorly laid out room - the huge space that would be behind the door if open (a closet in a normal room) was empty except for a safe on the floor. Also, a huge mirror was hanging in the middle of the wall opposite the beds, and to not block that, they just had a huge expanse of empty floor space between the TV console and the desk. They are still using bedspreads (instead of triple sheeting). And to top it off, the front desk person was not at all professional and announced loudly at least five ways they could charge me additional money that I then had to initial individually. I'm just hoping they don't decide I broke one of their rules.

That was what we found on check in. The next morning, reasons to be annoyed increased. First, the final bill that was slid under my door showed the right room rate, but the taxes were higher than the "estimated" taxes I had been given online at the hotel website when I made my reservation, and the number was off by 10%. Only a couple of dollars, but how can you estimate taxes wrong if there are no additional charges and I made the reservation only 48 hours ago?? The desk person said she knows its a problem and that there was nothing she could do to fix it or prevent it.

Then we checked out the breakfast bar. Hands down the worst breakfast bar I have ever encountered. Initially it seemed about right - an alcove filled with some pastries, some coffee, and some yogurts in a fridge. But the juice dispenser was broken, and the juice was just sitting out on a table around the corner. Then I went looking for water, and it was in a dispenser against yet another wall of the eating area. Then we found what looked like a warming tray on yet another wall of the eating area; we would have been better off not finding it because the scrambled eggs were not really eggs. do they make powdered scrambled eggs? I've never had anything like them; they were beyond terrible and really disgusting. And the one pastry we tried was completely without flavor.

I would never stay here again, and I would never recommend that anyone stay here. We chose it because it was the last hotel headed east away from Cleveland on I-90 for 60 miles. We would have done far better paying more to stay a few exits closer in to Cleveland and having a decent room.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Phyllis S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all; we would like to truly apologize for the unsatisfactory visit. The prices of our rooms are based on locations and competitive to other chains in the area.

Addressing the room set up of the properties are located on the home page of each property; so guests can see our rooms visually before the initial stay. Newer hotel rooms are smaller and restricted; but if guests need additional space; we do have suites available to suite the guest.

Taxes are based on county of the state.

We apologize that our breakfast bar was not up to standard. Our employees work very hard to make sure our guests are satisfied. We do appreciate the information on the broken juice dispenser. Communication is appreciated so we can make a guest's stay as enjoyable as possible.

We would love to have you give us another try and appreciate your input.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

The Comfort Inn staff was very friendly. Room was clean and reasonable size with frig, microwave and coffee maker. This is a pet friendly hotel and we took our cat. Just off I-90 freeway at Rt. 44 so easy on and off. Complimentary breakfast included all the basics as well as scrambled eggs and sausage the 3 days we were there. Great room for the money and will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Phyllis S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We do hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

My husband and I stayed here after festivities with family in the area. The motel is clean and comfortable and they are very good about addressing any issue graciously and without complaint.
Easy to get to, lots of restaurants close by. Set back from highway so quiet and across the street from a hospital with sidewalks and walking/exercise opportunity.

Room Tip: If you like a real quiet room ask to be put next to elevator on third floor. Wall is extra sound proof.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We arrived well before the published check-in time, thinking that we would just let the desk know that we would be back from a nearby relative's house late that night. The person on duty went out of her way to ensure that our room would be ready in ten minutes so we could check in and leave our luggage. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: The handicapped access rooms have a shower that you could roll a wheelchair into — but no bathtub.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017

this was a great property that was off the beaten path...kinda hard to find but well worth it...although it was across the street from a hospital. i never heard a siren or anything...located near a bunch of fast food resturants if u check in later than normal

Room Tip: the back was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple