“Quality meat....No flavor”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We ate here with some friends of ours for a nice dinner we all had strip steak and I must say this was one of the nicest quality pieces of steak I have seen......problem was it had no flavor.... I would suggest that Sylvesters learns how to season there meat, because it was cooked to perfection...just blah. I also had a side of rigatoni with red sauce which was delicious. My only other complaint is for the price you pay they really need to update and modernize the inside of the restaurant the atmosphere is terrible

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I went here with my husband. The Lobster was the size of a silver dollar and was like a piece of rubber and they told us our salads were included in the meal, however when we received the check they not only charged us but they were more than most meals at any other fine local restaurants .The waiter was very apologetic but the manager didn't do anything to rectify. The dessert was not near as good as most restaurants that have a similar item on the menu as well. Whoever is running this place does not care about the customer and is only in it for the $$$. We both even felt sick afterwards. I work in a large medical establishment I will tell everyone to stay away! Terrible!!!!

1  Thank tinamar48
Reviewed 14 February 2012

After driving past Sylvester's countless times, I got the chance to dine there. The plain exterior belies the quality inside. Quality furnishings, large, wooden bar, fully stocked, clean and comfortable atmosphere. Our meals were nicely prepared, good portions, richly flavored, not your mama's home cooking and yet, not the overly 'styled for a photo shoot' - 'can't recognize the sauce components' type of entrees. Fresh salads, warm, crusty bread, seasoned butter, all good. It was Monday, day before Valentine's day, expected it would be slow. Not at all. Busy, nearly full dining room, one open table in the bar area. Reservations advised especially weekends and holidays.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Loved the food here - risotto, tuna, steak all good options. Service attentive, knowledgeable. Particularly recomment the calamari as a starter (big enough to share).

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Five of us all got steaks and they were all cooked perfectly. Warm bread is brought to the table. Salads were fresh. Good wine selection by the glass. Home fries are not too special - the onion is almost raw instead of cooked with the potatoes. Sitting in the back restaurant is a little secluded - would prefer the bar area instead.

1  Thank vanessamll4