“Nice Mom & Pop Motel”

Budget Lodge Ohio
Budget Lodge Ohio
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton Falls
Reviewed 12 July 2016

After reading the latest review, I thought I would update this property as of today, July 11, 2016.
We have been staying here for the last week, great weekly rate by the way, while working on a project in Lordstown, Oh. The location is perfect for getting on and off the express way. True, the motel is out by itself but this was a plus for us with no hustle and bustle of being inside a town. Shopping in either direction down HWY 5 a few miles. We are in room 120 and the internet works quite well, gets a hitch every now and again but not too bad! They do have coffee in the lobby each morning, but we travel with our coffee maker and make our own !
Motel is under new ownership and they have begun renovating the rooms. They keep everything very clean and tidy inside and out! As for spider village, I would say that is no longer the case and they do have a bug man spraying for the little critters ! haha One might wander in just like anywhere else! LOL
The A/C works very, very, very well in our room. Since it is an older motel the water in the shower does fluctuates a tad at times, but hasn't been an issue for us!
A big plus is.....the owners are very friendly and more than willing to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank 915daleh
colonialinnhammond1, Webmaster at Budget Lodge Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our improved hotel. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

No internet. No breakfast, not even a pot of coffee made in the office area. The bathroom floor was tile and very cold. Spider in the tub. Booed for two people but only two small packs of shampoo, one very small bar of soap, nothing else. Price was far higher than what is advertised and definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbtomblinrandolph
colonialinnhammond1, Webmaster at Budget Lodge Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations because you expected amenities that weren't available. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Spiders everywhere it was very small and cramped the air conditioner took up to about 4 hours to even get the tiny room cold. The tv remote didn't work the light in the room was lit up by only one light bulb. The room was very tiny and the mattress was also very small the mattress didn't even fit the frame of the bed it was smaller. I couldn't even get in the room without opening the door and knocking the spider webs out of the way there were webs everywhere on the lighting in the bathroom on the floor there are spiders hanging from the wall it was just spider city. I will say if you ever have to visit this motel make sure its your last choice because that's what it was for me and even then I regret that it was my last choice

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lacree23
BudgetLodgeOhio, Webmaster at Budget Lodge Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I apologize for whatever failures caused you to leave this negative feedback. We take real pride in our rooms and their cleanliness, and I’m sorry for any ways we let you down. Perhaps you will give us another try the next time you’re in the area. You’ll see that we’re always improving to serve guests better.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This place should be closed..can not believe they are allowed to operate.sign says WiFi..but there is none.the sign says Continental breakfast.which there is none.and on line it says 54.$..but it cost 138.for two nights.this place is a joke and I'm checking out.I will never stay here again..how are places like this aloud to operate..

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank tattoo1321

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process aimed at improving the overall guest experience.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

It sounded like I was sleeping on the freeway, very noisy. The wallpaper was coming off the wall and held up with tape. The bathroom door didn't close, warped medal frame. However clean towels and comfortable bed. Free continental breakfast was just juice and small donut holes.

Room Tip: If you are selecting a motel for sleep think again before selecting this Motel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dianna R

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you enjoyed our clean towels and comfortable bed, although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. I’m sorry about any noise or maintenance issues. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Hotel Manager

Been to Budget Lodge Ohio? Share your experiences!