“a winner with all”

Puerto Villarta
Ranked #46 of 127 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 April 2017

good service-always. love the complimentary chips and salsa to start. a dish FOR every preference . even the pickiest.
relaxing. always good food.
our "go to" more than we should( need to step out of the box but when relaxing, good and happy here...just sayin!)
fair prices, good drinks too.
NO COMPLAINTS. as for "real" tex mex, IDK, but good is GREAT !

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I have came here for years. It's one of the better Tex-mex restaurants you will find locally here. My only complaint is their consistency of good service. I have been to their pataskala location as well and again consistency seems to be a running theme. Their salsa is decent but on the watery side. Avoid the guacamole as it is as bland as can be. They serve a great fajitas Jalisco and arroz con pollo. Their taco salad is good as well. I should mention they have been steadily raising their prices :/ so watch out.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We gave this place up a few years ago due to sewer smell inside the place. We started going to MiFiesta until they ruined their salsa. Loving mexican food, we decided to give them another try. Their food has greatly improved, salsa is amazing and no more sewer smell.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 2 August 2014

i love this restaurant. great food at a great price. I lived in Texas so i can't say it's the best tex-mex meal i have ever had also my mom was at tex-mex master. love the drinks too.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I use to love eating here but the last few times the music was too loud, food was warm yet cold, salsa tasted water down, bland food, and very watered down drinks, I have not been back in a while since the last time we waited 40 minutes in a barely busy restaurant(3 tables full) for a taco salad and 2 orders of tacos.

Date of visit: February 2014

Been to Puerto Villarta? Share your experiences!