“The Dove is Love”

Sopapilla Express
Ranked #28 of 120 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome. Family owned and operated store. The food is so good. The dining room is very small but they do provide takeout. They make there own salsa in the store. There signature dish Sopapilla is the bomb.

1  Thank eobert

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I go to Sopapilla Express every time I'm in Newark. Although they offer other items on their menu I have only had the "Chicken and cheese Sopapilla". I love it so much I don't see any reason to try anything else. Great food at a Great price.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Great quality food. Had a seafood burrito and it was good. Also had beef tacos and they were good. The sopapillas are great as always!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Love love love this place! The owner Rick is awesome! Never had a bad meal from here and I go here often. It's always busy!

Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

This place is very basic but the food is great and the service is fast, the prices are a bargain as well.

I've tried the beef and cheese as well as the chicken and cheese, both were good but the chicken was better in my opinion. There isn't much spice so the flavor of the main ingredients shine through. The salsas is fantastic.

I'd recommend this place to anyone that wants a big meal of fresh food at a bargain price.

Been to Sopapilla Express? Share your experiences!