All reviews murder mystery king arthur casserole hocking hills clock tower chess set cinnamon rolls coach house fun place to hang medieval times cell phone service small tv themed rooms great weekend lots of board games fresh fruit breakfast is served
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We just spent a fun and relaxing (okay maybe not so relaxing) weekend at Ravenwood, staying in the Shakespeare Room.

The Room: Large, clean and very comfortable. Be wary if you don't like a hard bed. We do so it was great for us. Read another review that the room was in a bad location and noisy outside the door so we were prepared. Being prepared helped and I actually liked the location - very convenient.

The Staff: Excellent all around. The food was good and service was great. My favorite was the breakfasts. Everyone (and I mean everyone) was very pleasant to interact with.

We would definitely come back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoughsofVermilion
Reviewed 29 January 2018

My wife and I spent another great weekend at Ravenwood Castle. This time though it was part of a Harry Potter themed murder mystery, Murder on Platform 9-3/4, put on by Shadow Stalkers LLC. We stayed in the castle this time, Queen Elizabeth Suite. While we didn't spend much time in the room other than sleeping, it was quite comfortable and the decor really adds to the Renaissance flavor. The Great Hall and Raven's Roost Pub offer good food and drink as well as a place to socialize a bit with friends old and new. If you'd like some quiet time outside your room, the Library is the place and the surrounding castle grounds provide the chance to walk about a bit provided the weather isn't too bad. And I cannot say enough about the staff!! They are beyond accommodating and really make you feel welcome. I didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back!! If you enjoy The Renaissance/medieval genre, Ravenwood Castle will not disappoint!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank ETGoCards33
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were given a two night stay at Ravenwood Castle as a gift for Christmas (complete with babysitting overnight, so this was our first time leaving town just the two of us in 3 1/2 years), and WOW, it’s amazing how restorative some time to yourself in the woods can be. We stayed 1/19 & 1/20, and it was snowy and quiet and easy to snuggle down in the cottage and forget the outside world existed.

Ravenwood Castle sits atop a lovely rolling hillside. The drive up their long driveway from Bethel Rd. is best done by a vehicle with four wheel drive, especially in the winter. Once at the top of the drive, the Castle is revealed and it’s a wonderful moment as you park and realize that this is home for the next couple of days. I took many pictures to share, so you can see for yourself.

At check-in, Amy and Virginia were wonderful and accommodating, giving as much info about the grounds and nearby activities as you want, and in our case, Virginia personally accompanied us to our cottage - we stayed in the Woodcutter’s Cottage) to show us where it was, explain the access to the Castle after hours, and let us know if we needed anything to please ask. She was really great.

We settled in and put our stuff away, and then it was time for my massage. Randy came to the cottage, set up the massage table, and for an hour I just relaxed.

After that was dinner in the Castle. It was ample and tasty, though if you are vegetarian you’ll need to ask what could be substituted for the delicious pulled pork and smoked turkey, which were the mains.

Preston introduced himself at dinner and was lovely. He also took care of us after in the Raven’s Roost Pub, acting as bartender. Preston and Amy are the Innkeepers, and really do give you the sense that your enjoyment of your stay is their priority, and they’re available to help however you need. Bear in mind that the Castle is large, so a little patience is needed when you ring the bell for service in the pub - if they’re upstairs taking care of other guests it might take 5 minutes to come down, which I thought was understandable.

Breakfast is totally chill and yummy. Coffee is available all the time.

It’s true that cell reception is low on-property, and there’s no WiFi, but it was just what we needed. Unplug and reconnect, ya know? If you want to bring a tablet loaded with shows you could do that. There are outlets everywhere in our cottage, so power supply wasn’t an issue for us.

We really want to go back. It was sad to check out. Like anything though, you get as much out of it as you put into it, so your mileage may vary We had a great time!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hells D
Reviewed 15 January 2018

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our medieval weekend filled with romance, ambiance and a different time. The atmosphere was enticing and everything, including the proprietors were wonderfully kind and helpful. The location was beautiful and private. The castle itself was overflowing with merriment and mystery. There was so much to see and do in and around the property and local towns. The accomodations were beautiful and clean. We found ourselves not wanting for anything because everything was taken care of for us. This was truly a unique experience and we will certainly be back again soon.
Thank you so much. Kathleen and Lawrence Miceli

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mmmlovesbella
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stayed at the castle on New Years Eve for a murder mystery weekend. The castle is beautiful and the staff is amazing. The suite we had was right out of a fairytale even called Cinderella’s Coachouse. Even snowed that weekend only added to the fairytale feel. Made to feel welcome from the minute we checked in. The topping to it all was the great Murder mystery experience great performance. If you get a chance to do one of their mystery weekends please do but if not simply go just for the surrounding and the amazing staff.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank velma1922
Jim R, Owner at Ravenwood Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave us such a nice review!

I am glad you found the castle to your liking and the staff friendly and helpful. It's great to hear you enjoyed the murder mystery weekend as well! This was our first Super Hero/Super Villain themed mystery, and everyone seemed to really enjoy it!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!