All reviews lobby bistro outdoor fire pit a marriott rewards member beautiful hotel blue agave ice machine nice place to stay room was large columbus wedding congregating internet microwave bedding
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel is updated and clean. It has nice facilities and a huge patio for parties. Room was nice however the beds are not great. I woke up with a terrible back ache. This is something that happens every time I stay at a courtyard Marriott . Obviously they have terrible mattresses.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this relatively new hotel. Amenities such as a lounge, restaurant and outside firepit patio are convenient. Only drawback was for the leisure traveler since this hotel seemed to cater strongly to wedding parties. The time we were there, no less than six wedding parties were booked at the hotel. Another odd thing was that all guests had to sign a no noise policy. I find it as an excellent idea, but I question if there are problems with that. Either way, it's a nice hotel and staff were very cordial.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Many issues start to finish. Called ahead to be sure there was microwave in room... got there and there was not. Only one washer and dryer for All guests to share. Pool water could use cleaning more often. No hot tub! The Bistro was very expensive for food that they popped in microwave

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Irena S, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. The microwave should have been in the room as requested (as long as one was available) and I apologize that it wasn't there upon your arrival. Thank you for taking the time to let us know so that we could pass that on to the appropriate team members.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I’m a Marriott rewards member and I used points for this stay. I usually skip Courtyards and I gave this one a chance because of location, however I wish I hadn’t.

The layout of the rooms is strange and the bed is only a little better than Fairfield Inns. Plus, no breakfast included.

Next time I’ll stick with the Fairfield and save the extra points Courtyard costs.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Irena S, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We are sorry to hear that the Courtyard brand did not meet your needs. We understand that each Guest has specific things that they look for while they travel and are happy to hear that you are loyal to Marriott.

Thank you!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is a beautiful hotel with friendly and helpful staff. As a platinum member, I was given a room in my preferred location with a free upgrade without having to ask. The room was large and very nice. The curtains kept the room so dark I didn't realize I had slept in until I looked at the clock. There was a mini fridge which was handy. Although we were across the hall from three ice machine and close to the elevators, we didn't have any noise problems. But then again, they tree hotel was pretty empty. Our room had a balcony. If it wasn't snowing and above freezing, we would have checked it out.

My only complaints were that you had to turn on every single light and it was still somewhat dark in the room. It would be nice to have one or two large lights.
Also, I couldn't get the higher end Internet to recognize my last name and room number. The free Internet was kind of slow and would stop working from time to time. I didn't complain, so they may have been able to fix it if I had said something about it.

Even though I normally avoid Courtyard hotels because they don't offer a free breakfast to platinum members, I would return to this one if I ever needed to stay at a hotel in this area again.

Date of stay: December 2017