“casual gem”
Review of Bite Restaurant

Bite Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bite Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Located in a converted ranch house in the boonies of Miami Township/Milford. Eclectic decor. BYOB. Small room. Like eating in your own dining room. The menu is diverse and somewhat unique, especially appetizers. Lots of gluten free and vegan dishes. The food is superb. Fresh, mostly local, properly prepared. Fairly large portions. Good, friendly, helpful service staff. We managed to show up a day early for our reservation and they graciously fit us in anyway. The bread is awesome. The sardine appetizer is delicious and a meal by itself. Fresh trout was done perfectly and 99.9% bone free.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Coconuts T

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Visited Bite three nights ago and had a wonderful dining experience. The setting is very casual and it's BYOB with no corkage fee. The menu had a little for everyone. The alligator & chips appetizer was excellent (it was served with some special house-made-spicy-jelly-like dipping sauce that was tremendous). My wife and I split the pork chops...and with two sides and a third side of the lobster mac and cheese, we were pleasantly full. The general mgr spent a couple minutes explaining Bite's support of and use of local food growers which was very interesting. Recommend it highly for a simple, casual, and healthy dining experience.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This is a great hidden gem to discover. The restaurant is inside a ranch house, renovated into a cottage like atmosphere. It is very comfortable and has a friendly staff. Our server, the manager/possible restaurant owner checked on us frequently, but not overbearingly. It was clean, and creatively decorated. The bathrooms are unisex, but clean and decorated nicely. There is also an option to buy local jams and products at the counter.
The menu is fantastic, many selections that vary from your typical American eatery. We had the Cuban Sandwich, Blackened Chicken, lobster Mac n cheese, coleslaw, mashed red potatoes, homemade doughnuts, and the chocolate cake. All were very delicious, with exception of maybe the coleslaw, which was pretty basic. The Cuban sandwich was a very tasty sandwich, and is highly recommended. The doughnuts and chocolate cake were amazing.
The restaurant has a BYOB, so you are welcome to bring your own beer and wine into the restaurant. It would be great if this were explained on the website more clearly? My friend and I were unsure at first if that was a real thing. Also, the wine bottles in the sculpture pictured below are not wines for sale, but are just that, a sculpture. I had assumed it was wine for sale based on the photo in the website. It does get busy around noon and stays busy until about 1:30, but I didn’t notice anyone waiting more than 5 minutes for a table.
The street sign in front for the restaurant is hard to identify and associate with the restaurant, if I hadn’t looked at the menu and recognized the logo, I might have passed it up.
Lastly, more options of vegetable sides would be a recommendation, but didn’t effect my overall pleasant lunch experience at this quaint restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017

A friend took me to this restaurant and upon entrance I realized it was a small brick home converted into a restaurant. It must be family run and the service was really great. We arrived early with our own bottle of wine so they let us sit at a table for two, drink our wine, and wait for the rest of our party. The food choices are unique and they specialize in converting most of their dishes to vegan or vegetarian if possible. We tried the flatbread basil appetizer made vegan and it was delicious. I ordered the Cuban Pork and that too was really good. Everyone at the table ordered something different and each dish looked really good. My total bill for my entree and dessert was $20.08. So not only was the atmosphere fun and the food was delicious but the prices are wonderful!! The only negative I can give is because of the size of the rooms where you sit and eat, it is very loud. If you want wine, bring your own. They will provide the wine opener for you!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank NolinLakeKy
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Totally enjoyed my meal, the pork belly was mouthwatering. Call ahead for reservations is very important.
Sitting outside is very nice. Milford needs more places like this.
They don't serve alcohol but you can bring your own, very cool

Date of visit: October 2017