“Always so good!”
Review of TJ's on the avenue

TJ's on the avenue
Ranked #4 of 200 Restaurants in Mentor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2018

Anything you get here is amazing! I always try to get in here when I visit from Florida. This place has been around for years and you can see why. The best eggplant parm, pizza, chicken cacciatore, pasta...you can't lose!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has an old school family style feel.

When choosing a restaurant to dine at this evening, I told my husband let's not judge a book by its cover.

The service was very good however the food left little to be desired.

A little garlic rolls they give you once you sit down are actually very good come up but when our meals came out we were very disappointed with our selection for the evening.

My husband ordered the Italian wedding soup which he said was OK. I just had a salad which was basically iceberg lettuce.

I ordered the chicken parmesan with a side of homemade shells served with marinara sauce. The chicken tasted like oil. I'm pretty sure they just drop it in the deep fryer and then put it in the oven to melt the cheese. The pasta sauce itself was sweet and lacked character. It was very plain and didn't have a lot of flavor to it.

My husband ordered the lasagna which was recommended by the server. It was covered in the marinare a sauce and it looked very good but again had a very simple and tasteless flavor to it.

I would not recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Encouraged to try TJ's on the Avenue for dinner tonight. They're located on Mentor Avenue in Mentor. I got a house salad with Blue Cheese Crumbles and French dressing. They serve up a huge portion and it was delicious! I got the Eggplant Parmesan appetizer as my entree. It came out with just the right amount of sauce and cheese there were 3 Patty's fried deliciosly crispy. I had an ice tea with lemon and Splenda which they kept full for me. Nice visit, I should have tried this Mentor favorite sooner! The help even went above and beyond chasing down a friend that forgot her take out box. This is one place I'll be back to visit again! Yum!

1  Thank markdouglasobenour
MarzMan88, Manager at TJ's on the avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for the positive review! Gotta wonder how to earn your 5-Star approval :) Regardless, we appreciate you giving us a try and look forward to serving you delicious meals in the future!

-MP

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Food was near excellent! Staff was memorable and we will definitely be back for another visit soon Thanks!!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

She force me into her Restaurant !! Kept pinching me , my wife was upset.. But the food was good ! Just a thought !!

Date of visit: August 2018