“Huge and Clean...A Great Hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Our King Size Room on June 5th was awesome! It was clean and large. Everything was in order. The bathroom was huge and fantastic. A separate bedroom from the living area. We were very, very pleased with this room and the price we paid!

Room Tip: It was very quiet on the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Guest,

We are extremely please we exceeded your expectations!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We were refreshingly surprised to find this hotel. From checkin to checkout staff were professional; the attendant in the breakfast room could not have provided better service. The facility was clean and provided many amenities...USA hanging on the door in the morning was appreciated. The breakfast buffet was the best we have experienced in our travels. We travel this route regularly returning to MA from IA and definitely plan on future reservations

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and sharing your experience with our readers. It is our hope that you will continue to choose us when traveling through the area in the future!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I had a meeting in Fairport Harbor and this looked close on the map and was a name brand hotel. It was clean, newly updated and very satisfactory. The hotel is attached to some brick building but I never figured out what it was. There was a big parking lot out front that you have to wonder through to find the front door of the hotel. You have to drive past the exit down to the next stop light and do a U turn because of a double yellow line and traffic. The breakfast buffet was the standard fair but a good start to the day. There's fast food, Ruby Tuesday and Buffalo Wild Wings within walking distance but know that BWW and RT close at 9 pm on a Sunday night. Steak and Shake is 24 hours but it's a steak and shake! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Smd1159
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Smd1159,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers we greatly appreciate the comments. There are two entrances in the front of our hotel. The city zoning is considering a side entrance off of Diamond Center Drive but this has not been approved as of yet. We are attached to a 60,000 sq ft Convention/Party Center. We are noted as one of the top premiere caterers in North East Ohio. Our venues consist of weddings, fundraising event and political venues and company seminars and meetings. The city is approving for one of the local restaurants Noosa Bistro to take over the former Brown Derby facility. We have many "local " flavor restaurants in our vicinity that give our guest a break from the traditional chain restaurants.
We know that You have a lodging choice and it is our hope that you will continue to choose us when visiting the Mentor Area.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We were in Ohio visiting family. We were very happy that we chose this particular hotel. It was newly renovated and very clean. The staff was friendly. The bartender gave us excellent recommedations for dinner. They had a very nice happy hour spread which we really enjoyed and comfortable lounge to relax.. We even had a sitting area in our room. We were actually blown away with how nice everything was for the price. Will definitely be booking our next visit there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Ms. Mathias,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our readers. We greatly appreciate your comments. We were delighted that we could provide you with a level of product and service that exceeded your expectations. Our staff goes out of their war to insure that you are our number one priority when staying with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We know that you have a choice when making lodging accommodations and it is Our hope that you will continue to choose one of the many IHG properties in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

The room was clean and fine, which is most important. The frustrating experience I had was having to check out with my group at night. The night manager had an indifferent if not argumentative attitude with me as well as 2 of my co-workers. I needed to pay cash rather than leave this business expense on a personal credit card but was told it was not possible and was refused any sort of hard copy receipt.
The next day the receipt was to be emailed to me, and by late afternoon I hadn't received it. It took 5 phone calls totaling 29 minutes of my work day to get it right.
Call 1 - left a voicemail.
Call 2 - a couple hours later having had no reply, I had to call back and ask again for the receipt, which was sent, but blank.
Call 3 - I had to call again to get a receipt with charges shown. The problematic night manager answered and sent a new receipt, but he charged a co-worker's card not mine. Call 4 - Called back and spoke with manager Deborah, who got on the computer to straighten out the charge. She had to reverse the charge off my co-worker's card and put it on mine. I asked for a copies of both the reversed charge and a copy of my charge. I received only my receipt.
Call 5 - Talked to the night manager again who put me on hold for 14 minutes. Finally he came back on and sent me a copy of the reversed charge from my co-worker's card.
In fairness, general manager Deborah resolved my issue and gave me a 1000 point credit for my troubles. It was though, a big inconvenience, a time-killer and above all, the night manager's unprofessional and indifferent attitude was what was the worst of it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank traveltech
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with our readers. I sincerely apologize that you incurred issues with the folio. I understand your frustration, but perhaps I can clear it up for our readers as I have already spoken with you. Audit had not been performed when you and the group had checked out. Posting had not been done by the nightly audit function which posts room and tax. Guest wishing to pay by cash may do so the next morning. Our auditor was not trying to be indifferent or difficult in your request he was following procedure devised by the management company we are employed by. We had the opportunity to look at the billing and the charges, we had the correct credit card on file for you, but because you were with the group an associate thought that you were encompassed under the group credit card since your name did appear on the Credit Card Authorization form. Our system shows where we sent your folio four times. Two by a front desk agent and I had sent two. I sincerely apologize that you were greatly inconvenienced during your stay and we have taken steps to insure this procedure is explained to the guest regarding payment before audit is performed.
We know that your organization travels extensively and it is our hope that you will not let this incident deter your decision in choosing one of the many IHG properties for your next travels.

Debora N

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
6.1 km away
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
0.6 km away
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center)? Share your experiences!