“Safe spot for a family walk”

Jackson Bog State Nature Preserve
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

As with all Jackson parks, the big was safe, clean, well maintained and nice to traverse. The boardwalks allow you to be close with the natural vibe. Lighted parking lots, water and restroom availability made it a good 90 minute spot for grandpa and grandson.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"benches"
"path"

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a beautiful park, with a very nIce playground for the kids and very nice walking track. There is a gazebo on the pond. Nature all around you. Nice place to picnic with your family or just get away by yourself.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We took the grandkids here, played on the playground that looks brand new, walked down to the bog (or fen). Saw many unique plants but no animals. The trails were nicely maintained and mostly clearly marked. The composite construction pathway right over the bog is very nice. We missed the beaver dam, I guess we will have to go back. We were a little surprised to see a house perched on a hill on the other side of the bog, but I guess you can't stop progress.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I recently moved to North Canton and wanted a nice trail to walk. I found the Jackson Bog and set out on a walk. This trail is poorly marked but I have a good sense of direction. I found the board walk portion of the trail and thought it quite nice until I came upon a fallen tree that totally blocked the walk have way through. I couldn't climb over this huge obstacle and was forced to turn around . Very disappointed. Hope they remove the tree soon so I can walk the entire boardwalk.