“Nice Atmosphere, Good Food, A Little Pricey”
Review of Troy's Cafe

Troy's Cafe
Ranked #25 of 164 Restaurants in Mason
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I've driven by this location many times but never realized this gem existed. I went for a business lunch and was pretty impressed.

The restaurant is located on the edge of downtown Mason and has a modern design aesthetic - the vibe of a big city cafe in a quaint town. There's indoor and outdoor seating, which as other reviewers have mentioned, I could believe would be a little hard to come by at peak times. But I was there for lunch and had no problems finding a seat. Parking is ample which is always a big plus in my book. All of the staff that we spoke with were nice and upbeat.

I ordered the 3 cheese grilled cheese and my dining companion had a salad (which I can't review but can say looked very fresh and the portion was large). The grilled cheese, while simple, was amazing! If something as basic as grilled cheese tasted that good I can only imagine how great the rest of the menu is!!

I definitely will be back in the future to try out more of the menu. The only reason this isn't a 5 star review is because I feel like the food is on the pricey side. Because of the price, for me this would be a casual special occasion restaurant but I would still highly recommend it!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

This very nice restaurant is located on Route 44 south of downtown. Lots of parking, friendly service, you order on the way in and your food ad drinks are promptly delivered to your table. Beautiful salads, with salmon or chicken, cheeseburgers
and chips along with a good wine list add up to a better than average dining experience. The wait staff deserves an extra star. Worth a return visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Troy's is good food! Chicken pretzel sandwich is gourmet. The salmon orzo is to die for! Nice for a casual date or go with the family.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I drive by here so often we forget what a gem Troy's really is. The food is so fresh and innovative. We enjoy the somewhat changeable menu and the patio weather permitting. Very friendly staff. We just need to stop more often!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Had dinner tonight with my wife. Troys is a small cafe with very friendly staff. They have have a nice menu complimented with wine and craft beer. I had the brisket tacos and spicy pickles. Both were recommended. I was not disappointed. The food was very good. I will definitely add this restaurant to my local favorites.