“Great lunch spot”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For Fine Dining restaurant with a casual atmosphere come visit the Levee House overlooking the ohio river in historic downtown Marietta. Under new ownership and recently renovated stop by for lunch or dinner daily Monday through Saturday. Open Sundays for Brunch.Enjoy a menu featuring fresh creations including daily specials by Chef David. The Levee House also serves all legal beverages. Call to reserve the private dining room for your special events. Located at the corner of Second and Ohio Streets. On the Ohio River in Marietta.
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Marietta never looked prettier than on the day we ate lunch on the patio of The Levee House. The staff was very friendly and accommodating with my baby. The menu wasn't extravagant or lengthy, because of the focus on quality. I enjoyed my fresh salad and my husband loved his sandwich. The dessert didn't disappoint either. Our food, and all the other dishes I peaked at when being delivered to nearby tables had a lovely presentation.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I made plans 2 months in advance; suddenly our 47 people could not be accommodated and half the crew had to leave and dine elsewhere. All the while, mind you, there were seats at all times able to seat all 23 of us who were stranded. Then, to top it off, they treated the 24 customers (all were seniors) with a 3-choice menu that they could ONLY select from. After it was all said and done - their meals costs $16.00 on the average. Look at the current menu on their web page -- nothing costs $16. $10 at the most. They were ushered in an area; order taken, served and no one ever returned to check on them again. They were give the check only upon asking. We do not ask to sit as a group, we gave them 2 month advance notice and yet we were treated worse than people from outer space. Why could not the rest of us be served -- there were plenty of seats available throughout the restaurant. I personally think someone forgot -- and we got the short end of the stick because of their error. Traveled 3 hours to be treated like dirt.

2  Thank Brenda W
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Interesting and historic little place located right on the Ohio River in Marietta. Food was good. Menu options plus daily Chef Specials should accommodate most tastes. I had Cajun Catfish which was delicious. Wine/Beer available, no spirits. One of the better establishments for a nice dinner in Marietta. Give it a try. I'll be back.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were in town last weekend of April and had the Levee house for our first nights stay dinner. We ate inside, which for a Friday night at 6:30 was pretty empty. There were no appetizers on the menu nor were they offered by our waitress. She did tell us the specials, the one I had (Surf & Turf) was ok, the food was hot, but was lacking in the flavor department, strip steak was two slices of steak placed on a grill, no seasoning at all. Crab cake was ok, could use more crab and less cake. The vegetables were steamed, again no seasoning and my roasted potatoes were just that, potatoes roasted, not cut in half and seasoned or topped with anything, just plain potatoes. My girlfriend had the Nutty crusted, goat cheese stuffed chicken. The chicken was dry and the crust was falling off like it was not battered correctly. The goat cheese was interesting, it tasted as though it was added in afterwards. She had mashed sweet potatoes, which again was a mashed sweet potato, no butter or cream, just boiled and placed on the plate. Our salads were tiny but good, the rolls were great, service was attentive. Overall if this restaurants food tasted as good as it sounded, would have been a great experience. Where's the salt?

1  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner and a party of 2. It is very beautiful because they have a nice outside seating and good dishes. I have had the tuna and must say it was very delicious. Also serve some traditional wines. The restaurant is located next to the river which gives us a very special character. Staff members a very friendly and prices are absolutely fair. Definitely worthwhile to stay and dine.