“Good for Marietta”

Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: USD 0 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Galley has been a Marietta gathering place for generations. The Galley is quite literally in the center of Historic Downtown Marietta and continues to be the hub of its entertainment world. Marietta College students and alumni meet each other for Homecoming, Graduation, reunions and formals here. Business people hold meetings, client dinners, seminars and banquets with us. Travelers have been delighted with our cuisine and atmosphere. Of course, our beloved locals have turned The Galley into the Mid-Ohio Valley's hot spot for Happy Hour, Wing Nights, Mug Club Mondays, friendly meetings, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, and sometimes "just because". We are on a culinary mission to provide Marietta and the surrounding Mid-Ohio Valley with the most interesting and best quality food possible. Our Culinary Director has designed a menu based upon fresh ingredients, quality meats and vegetables, unique flavors and familiar favorites. The Galley's culinary perspective sits at the crossroads of neighborhood gastropub and high-end steak house. Tapping into the local dining scene takes just that - taps. And guess what, we have 24 of them. We also carry well over 50 bottled beers and a 6-page beverage menu that will make you drool. Three antique bars serve specialty libations, rotating craft brews, domestic beers, aged whiskies and even cigars! In an effort to keep the newest and best selection for our customers, we host craft brew and wine dinners. These limited ticket evenings pair seasonal beers and wines with multi-course meals and live entertainers for a distinctive culinary experience.
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I usually will try to stop and eat here when I can. I'm from Marietta originally and was a bartender here back in the early '90s when it was The Adventure Galley. Nice historic spot to visit. Lots of good stories around this place. I recommend a stop.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Ambiance, service and menu options are top notch. We absolutely love this restaurant, and visit every time we are in Marietta. The charcuterie and cheese boards, the mussels - burgers, arancini - you name it, it's all delicious.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were here on a holiday Monday and we were glad that we had reservations. We started with the mussels appetizer which was good. The house salads were very good, not just bag lettuce. I had the Ahi tuna and my wife had the special fish. Both were delicious but mine was a little heavy on the wasabi. Easy fix was to scrape it off and use only what I wanted. The tuna was served with rice and vegetables which were really good. The service was good even though it seemed to take a long time for the food to arrive. There is a TV and projector advertising music acts. This seemed out of place in a classy restaurant but they have a music hall that they are promoting.

1  Thank Guy H
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Food from the Galley was served at the Adelphia for a concert. Although they were busy because it was a Saturday night and 3 concerts were scheduled for the night, the service was excellent, as was the food.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I've been 4 or 5 times now. I have always enjoyed the food, but today is the 2nd time we've had bad service, and it's easy for the bill to climb to $40-50/person with a round of drinks and an appetizer. Some of the portions are small for the price, but there is no doubt the food is really good. If I could count on decent service it would probably be worth the price.