“Great lunch with mom and sis”
Review of Avery's Cafe

Avery's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Marblehead
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We had a quiet outdoor lunch. I had the perch sandwich- Yummy! Great value and quick, friendly service.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. Very nice menu and very reasonable breakfast specials. Great service. Omelets were very good and great oatmeal.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Back in the early 1970’s my grandfather took me to this location which was owned by our cousins so no stranger to this area an needed a place to grab breakfast before starting a long project on this day. Ordered steak and eggs and the food came out promptly. The steak was rare to mid rare which was the temp that was ordered however I couldn’t cut into it. The knife wasn’t the problem the beef was the problem. Incredibly tough to the point that the fork bent because so much force was being used. Waitress came to check the table and asked how the steak was. I explained I couldn’t slice the meat because it was just too tough. The waitress asked if another option like sausage or bacon would work. I responded with Bacon.
Sigh........even the bacon wasn’t right. How can you screw up bacon?
The bacon was close to paper thin to the point that wind could shatter it........couldn’t finish it either.
Unfortunately the price of the meal wasn’t adjusted.
Won’t be returning for another round of mystery meat again

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Trapper J
Reviewed 12 April 2018

The sandwiches here are quite good and generous in portion. This cafe restaurant closes a little early in the day, which makes it a great place for brunch. There are a few tables outside, offering a lovely outdoor cafe experience in a small cozy downtown area. The staff here are very friendly and accommodating.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Decided to try something different and really wish we hadn’t. Just your common choices on the breakfast menu...eggs, bacon, pancakes, french toast, etc. They did offer you a choice of adding pecan, banana, blueberries, or chocolate chips to the pancakes for an additional $1.00. This made the 2 pancake choice that comes with bacon $7.40 when adding blueberries. Then when the pancakes came out only the top one had blueberries inside! The real thing that got me was the home fries...$2.75 for about 5 average sized bites of peeled and sliced fried potatoes!
Also, I asked waitress if I could order off lunch menu at 11:10am and was told not until 11:30...all I wanted was a grilled cheese but she didn’t give me that option. Then the guy that came in next ordered a Reuben at 11:20am and was asked if he would like chips with that?!? I think we should have gone to the usual place down the road for a much better selection and price.

Date of visit: April 2018