All reviews front desk hotel restaurant nice holiday new cards staff was very friendly special rate would stay here again top floor nice place business trip check in was easy next morning alarm clock renaissance spruce microwave lotion
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 Saturday night to getaway from home to relax. Hotel is not in the best area but hotel itself is in good condition & clean. The staff was very nice, everyone said hello. I enjoyed the room service, pool, hot tub & HBO. I had a great relaxing night.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa N
JoshuaMDavis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mansfield-Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. We truly are a great hotel nestled in the downtown area. I am glad you were able to getaway for a bit and just relax. We strive to make that very thing very easy for our guests to enjoy. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We reserved a handicapped room and it was in very good order when we arrived. The pool was sparkling clean and spacious. Staff were polite and helpful. Our room was well kept, clean, and comfortable with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker.

Room Tip: talk with the manager about your needs
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Hello Betty,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your praises with our team. I will surely pass the word along to the rest of the staff here at the hotel. May you continue to travel safe and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2017

I spent one night in a two-room suite while visiting Mansfield with my wife. It's looking tired, but there are some good features. The suite was rather sparse, and the tile floors were sticky (yuck). But a number of the basics were good: comfortable bed, passable free wifi, kitchen appliances in good order, effective shower, Keurig coffee maker. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, but if downtown Mansfield is where you need to be, then this is the place. The downtown area itself is looking pretty tired, but there are signs of a renaissance, and some cool new businesses popping up.

Stayed: January 2017
JoshuaMDavis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mansfield-Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear CPtraveller,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us. I was disappointed to hear that we did not live up to the standards you have come to know from Holiday Inn regarding the tiled floor in the kitchen. I am working with our executive housekeeper to ensure this is handled. I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused. I am glad to learn that the other aspects of your stay were good. Downtown is starting to pick back up and yes new businesses are beginning to return to our town. Thank you once again for your feedback. I hope to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I called the hotel the day b4 my arrival. I spoke to a manager, Josh, who was very nice. I let him know we would arrive at 4-5am for check in after attending a New Year's Eve event and we would be exhausted, so I wanted to make sure our room would be ready when we get there. I also have a 4yr old with Autism who I wanted to be able to go right in the room, back to bed, at 5am, once we got there. We arrived around 5am after celebrating family, friends, and the New Year's ball drop. We were given room 622. Once we got off the elevator we noticed the ceiling was caved in and debris was all over the chairs, see pics ( later we were told that the hotel kicked some guests out and they caved the ceiling in). I was just wondering why it hadnt been cleaned up because of the debris risk to children. Then we arrived at Room 622, which was a disaster, see pics. Some red stain was on 2 different spots on one bed and the other bed had been used with covers pulled back, with 2 used cups, and an ashtray that had been used. My family was disgusted. We walked to the nearest elevator, and hit the 1st floor button and nothing happened, just the doors closing, twice. My wife and kids got scared of this elevator so we walked with our bags at 5am to the other end of the hall to that elevator (later learning that the other elevator was for the pool and shouldn't have even let us on the elevator). I asked for Josh, only to learn that managers don't work on weekends. Why not? I do not know. We were then given room 317 or 319, which was non smoking, after I had booked and paid for a smoking room. We stayed in the room for about 3-4 hours and checked out and drove back home on around 2-3 hours rest. I have called Josh twice since I have left but no return call. I also left a message with Amanda at the front desk to give ro manager Josh and I still have not had a return call! Unbelievable! That was my first time ever being in Mansfield, it's just unfortunate that I will not be able to stay here again! For the record, Amanda at the front desk was very nice, and Tamea in the dining area next to the front desk was very nice as well.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
JoshuaMDavis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mansfield-Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Hello Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your concerns. I would like to address each of them as best possible here, but let me first off apologize for the many inconveniences and the poor service and quality you received while with us. I am truly sorry for not being able to reach out to you in person.
In regards to the debris and the single broken ceiling tile on the 6th floor, we did our best to handle the situation with the guests that had caused the disturbance around 4:30am the morning of your stay. Shortly after around 6am we had the area cleaned up better for our guests. Once our maintenance manager arrived the next morning he took care of the necessary repairs and ensured that there was no permanent destruction caused by the incident. Our security staff are here to assist in the dealing with such guests and it was very unfortunate that we had to get our local law enforcement involved with these particular individuals this time around, which note, is a very rare instance at our property.
Upon entering your room, I understood that it had not been cleaned and had in fact been utilized by a previous guest. I am so incredibly sorry for this. While our housekeeping staff strives to ensure something of this nature never occurs, in this instance there was a miscommunication between our front office and housekeeping departments. We have corrected this issue and will continue to strive for the cleanest rooms possible for our guests. Again, please accept my sincere apologies.
Regarding the pool access elevator located near the east side of the hallway; we have many signs posted that the elevator only gives access to the guest room floors and the pool area. While the elevator does get locked down to the pool area in the middle of the night, guests may continue to use it to access other guest room floors if needed. This is why you were able to get onto the elevator, but of course were not going anywhere. I am going to work with our maintenance department to ensure these signs may be better clearly posted for guests to see.
In respects to our management schedule; we do have a manager on duty every weekend. Many weekends I am here at the hotel to assist and ensure our guests value and satisfaction are kept to the level you have come to know from our brand. I am sorry we were not able to reach each other this past weekend despite the many attempts of you reaching out to the guest service department. I have followed up with the team to ensure my notes are sent directly to my attention as soon as possible so this sort of concern is avoided in the future.
Finally, concerning the multiple phone messages for me; I did get a message from our front office team that you had called on Wednesday and I did try to return your call on Thursday morning (the next day) with not being able to leave a message for some reason. It is not like me or our team to simply not follow up with our guests' concerns or comments (as I have hopefully proven here). I am so sorry for this trouble.
Please know that I have shared these many concerns with our team and will be urgently tending to each matter.
This all being said, the only true purpose I have in writing you back is to firstly apologize and secondly thank you for the opportunity to learn from our mistakes. I hope that you will consider staying here again the future and wish you and your family a very happy new year!

Most sincere and kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We stayed here for a night while driving down to Cincinnati. The hotel was nice and clean. The parking was not convenient with it being in the back of the hotel. The room was nice and large and reasonably clean.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
JoshuaMDavis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mansfield-Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Hello Todd,

Thank you for your review. I was glad to hear your experience with us good. We appreciate your feed back and will share with our associates for sure.