“Grad party”
Review of Burntwood Tavern

Burntwood Tavern
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere! Had appetizers which were tasty! Staff very nice and helpful. Would go back and try dinner. Was very, very crowded on a Saturday afternoon.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We stopped here before visiting the Rock Hall downtown, after hearing mixed reviews. We thought we would give them a try, because they are local and had a decent looking menu. Food was average. Three different burgers, a chicken sandwich, two flat breads, and a plated chicken dish.
Nothing stood out. A bit of a disappointment, sadly. The burgers we somewhat overcooked, the egg on the one burger was cooked through, rather than still runny in the middle.
Portions were on the small side for some meals, others were good sized. Drinks were cold, but came out way too slow - nearly 20 minutes after ordering, and it was not busy at 3pm on a Saturday.
Our waitress was probably new, so she gets a free pass. When someone on the opposite side of the table said "You can start on that side." she walked to another table to take their order. Okay......that was a new one.
Overall, we might try the other location, but we probably won't come back to this one unless we have been everywhere else in the area.

Date of visit: March 2018
Burntwood T, Manager at Burntwood Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

I am so embarrassed that you had that experience at our location, and I do not know where to begin with apologizing. Your burger should have had a beautifully runny egg on top, and your drinks should not have taken even half that time to get to your table. As the service manager, I am mortified that your server just walked away from the table while you were all ready to order. I would love it if you gave us another chance, and I would love to hear from you in person, whether you stop by or give us a call. I would enjoy the chance to get to talk to you. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, and I do hope to hear from you.
Service Manager
Burntwood Tavern- Lyndhurst
440-459-1155

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Walking in the door we were excited to have a great dining experience, however we were a bit disappointed. The decor and atmosphere were great. The restaurant was warm and welcoming.

It was great to see specials and happy hour deals. These things are always a plus!

Initially the service was great, but it soon declined. Our server was more interested in holding a baby that came in and socializing. While the team seemed to work together to serve our appetizer, drinks, and meal, we waited over 20 minutes for our dessert.

The food came out looking attractive, but it fell a bit short on flavor. None of us felt the flavor was anything but ordinary.

We may be back for drinks and appetizers, but that would be about it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Burntwood T, Manager at Burntwood Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Theresa, thank you so much for leaving us feedback. Let me start by apologizing for the service. As the service manager I take pride in my staff, and knowing that they did not put you as a top focus is highly disappointing to me. No one that comes through our doors should ever feel they are not getting the attention they deserve from our staff, nor should they wait 20 minutes for a dessert! I also would like to apologize for the lack of flavor. I wish I had a better resolution for you, but it is something we talk to our chefs about. We would love to see you again for happy hour, and I would love to meet you in person. Thank you for taking the time for this, and we all appreciate your feedback.
Service Manager- Burntwood Tavern, Lyndhurst

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The food was OK, the atmosphere pleasant, the waitress inexperienced. What got me was: I ordered a Manhattan "up". The waitress came back shortly and asked if I wanted it in a Martini glass. I said "yes" and thought it was "end of story"--not so. She came back slowly carrying a Martini glass filled to the brim with a Cosmopolitan. AFter being told of the error she apologized and finally brought back a Manhattan--except it didn't have a cherry and it was clear bitters weren't added! At least it was stirred, and not shaken, as I had instructed. Somebody needs to go back to bartender school and some manager has to teach new personnel about liquor in general (At another restaurant recently I asked for scotch and soda and was asked what kind of soda I wanted. Maybe it would help if restaurants require waitstaff to get their liquor education from a phone app!

Date of visit: February 2018
Burntwood T, Manager at Burntwood Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

I sincerely apologize for the lack of knowledge and experience that you received with us on your visit. We take pride in all aspects of our tavern, and being a tavern, that includes alcohol. We go through a course during training on alcohol and proper procedures, and the different terminology. I will definitely take this to heart, and make sure all of our service staff is fully educated on alcohol awareness. Thank you, again, and I hope to see you again and meet you.
Service Manager, Burntwood Tavern Lyndhurst

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visit this Burntwood on a regular basis and we always have a great experience. The service is always good, the food always comes out great, and we use our rewards card every time. Usually we go for happy hour because it’s the best happy hour around (every single day), but our visit yesterday I got an entree and was it delicious as always. I got the Asiago Crusted Chicken and it was a big enough portion for my husband to finish.

Date of visit: January 2018