“A Groupon Helped Make this Night Special!”
Review of Melting Pot

Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Price range: USD 20 - USD 60
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Richmond
Description: The Melting Pot is an interactive and fun fondue experience. From an intimate romantic dinner for two, to a girl's night out, The Melting Pot is the perfect place to escape and relax! Known for superior service our well-trained staff will guide you through this unique dining experience. The Melting Pot features an extensive bottled wine list, a cocktail list with trendy martinis and seasonal, local beer choices. Our dinner menu of creamy cheese fondues, fresh salad and entrees including steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp & vegetarian meals are all prepared tableside. Don't forget to leave room for our decadent chocolate fondue desserts rounding out the perfect dinning experience in casual elegance!
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I had called two days before our dinner for a reservation on a Saturday night. There were just a few tables still open, but we had a choice of two times near 6:00. I had purchased a four-person Groupon a few days before. Our server was great...explained everything well (we hadn't been here in a long time), he kept checking on us, food came out in a reasonably timely way, especially since the restaurant was packed. Our Groupon allowed us to have salads, which we all really enjoyed (and I'm not a big salad fan), and three choices of meats for the main course fondue. We decided to also add the cheese fondue course, which included choice of cheese fondue (the bacon cheese fondue was delicious), raw carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, and various types of bread cubes. It was a great decision! We chose the Mojo cooking style. I must say, I was a little hesitant about this blend, but it was delicious--everyone again agreed that we had chosen well! Our meats included the Ahi Tuna, filet, shrimp, duck, chicken breast and salmon. One of us also ordered the vegetable balls as a meat choice...no one liked them (I can't remember the Italian name but it began with a "P"). Also included with the meat choices was a vegetable choice, so one of us got that and we shared, it included zucchini, broccoli and potato. We were all full, but not stuffed. We discussed later that this food is all so simple and uncomplicated, yet the fondue cooking method allows you to have delicious food with a great experience. Fondue is such a social meal...so much great conversation as we took our time and cooked. The Melting Pot is more than just a dinner place, it is also an event. Our Groupon enabled us to get lots of food for a much more reasonable price. I don't want to wait so long before we return again!

There are newer reviews for Melting Pot

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Good place made better with a Groupon. A tad expensive for what you actually eat, but it was an interesting experience. Atmosphere was nice for girl talk with my niece. Server was attentive and thorough because we were both confused. On to the food! The salad was sooo crispy, I think I've only had one other that crispy. The "pot" with that came with the fruits and breads needed more of a flavor, but it was good. This is the point that you need to come close to filling up. The groupon gave us 3 meat entrée choices to cook. I had shrimp, duck and sirloin. You get 4 pieces of each!!! This also comes with a bowl of veggies to cook in your bowl of broth. Drinks were flavorful.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Make sure you make a reservation. Got there and was seated near the bar. We had wonderful severer and the food was great. The waiter explained everything on the menu and how to cook our food in our fondue pot. We had a terrific evening.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Food was delicious and served in a timely manner. Service was friendly and informative. A little pricey, but worth a second visit.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Great experience from start to finish.. You may think that you're not getting enough food, but rest assured the meals are served in such a way that you absolutely will leave there stuffed... Drinks are way too expensive, just my opinion, but again they are delicious. However $10 for a Yin & Yang Martini is a little over the top.. Love the ambiance of the place and sharing a couple hour dining experience with loved ones.