“Late Night Drinks”

Bar Louie
Ranked #22 of 31 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stopped by to have a few drinks with some friends after dinner. This place is huge and very busy, so not a place to really sit and talk to people. The menu had a good amount of options for both drinks and food. This would be a good place for happy hour after work. Will be back to try food sometime.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

We went here with another couple for drinks and I asked for a lemon drop shot. The waitress brought two lemon martinis in sticky sticky glasses and they tasted like absolute garbage. I asked her to take the martinis back and bring lemon drop SHOTS. Do you know what she did? She actually poured our martinis into a shotglass and served it to us. There were chunks of ice in the shot. i'm not kidding. the service was literally the crappiest i have had from any place in a long while. The waitress paid no attention to us, didn't refill our drinks, and the shots were the only drinks we got. I was going to order an appetizer but the place was so stinking filthy I couldn't. THE WORST PART- the bartender was straight up eating OFF A CUSTOMERS PLATE. I literally couldn't believe it. I asked for our check and got up and left after paying. This place is a dive crapshoot nasty place. AVOID.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

We went for lunch, but only stayed for a water. The place was so dirty...had to go to the bar to get service and were even ignored there.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

We were there on a Wednesday night and the server was very helpful. I had not been to one before and asked for recommendations. I ordered the salmon sliders, they were delicious!

Reviewed 21 September 2016

This is one of the better spots to go to for Happy Hour if you're in the area for work or shopping. If you do drink, there are specials on beer, wine, mixed drinks & martinis that aren't watered down, in a tiny glass or loaded with ice. Even if you don't drink, some of their appetizers are discounted & enough for two people. The Thai Chicken or Verde Chicken flatbreads are filling. The last few times we've had Calamari, it's been chewy or overcooked. Not sure? Look around & you can see other tables & what the order looks like.

If you are there on a Friday night during the summer, the bar doors may be open & you can listen to live music played right on the stage in the grassy area near Bar Louie

Parking is usually an issue, but there is metered parking near the restaurant, valet parking or you can park within a 3-7 min walk.