“Nothing Short of Amazing!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Top 3 restaurant experiences ever. My wife and I checked in for our reservation at the hostess station and was escorted to a table. I asked for a booth instead and they promptly seated us at a lovely booth. The hostess asked if she should add this preference to our profile. Wow!

Our waiter asked if we were celebrating anything , took our drink order and returned with a hand written birthday card along with birthday confetti that he sprinkled on the table.

I had a dry-aged bone-in ribeye and my wife ordered a bone-in filet mignon. They were both delicious and perfectly cooked. Our sides of smashed potato, and lobster Mac and cheese (with lobster chunks) were outstanding. The sauteed spinach with garlic confit...melt in your mouth delicious!

Service ( and atmosphere) was off the charts! To top off our evening, the waiter delivered a happy birthday plate of deserts that included a mini flourless chocolate cake, cheesecake and fresh fruit compote.

Absolutely incredible evening and we can't wait to go back! 10 out of 10!

1  Thank gstout27
There are newer reviews for The Capital Grille

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Celebrating my wife's birthday. She had the sea bass and I had the rib eye. Both were excellent and the service was impeccable. Great wine list and ambiance was perfect.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I went with my wife and stepdaughter to the bar for a post event drink and appetizers. The waitress was great. Her advice on wine was very helpful. We shared appetizers. They were good, not great. But the excellent service and the drinks made for an enjoyable time.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to this location. There were four couples and our service was amazing. Our server Dwayne offered info on the steaks, the wine and our cocktails. His advice was spot on. Steaks were perfectly cooked and our sides were tasty.
This is a high end steak house that really delivers on what you order and expect in way of food quality and impeccable service.
We will definitely return when we want a delicious steak dinner.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We had a group of 8. Most of the steaks were done "just right." The filet was good but not hot at all. The ceasar salad and mashed potatoes were good. The scallped potatoes had a salty topping. The creme brulee, lemon tart were a nice size. The mini cheesecake was not expected and a disappointment. I was expecting a large slice of New York type cheesecake not a half dollar size mini. We were 8 seated at a table for 10. Difficult for conversation. a large round table would have been preferred.

1  Thank j25aj