“Amazing steakhouse ”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took my son and nephew for dinner and couldn't of been more impressed...grilled shrimp appetizer was sautéed in a garlic wine sauce...amazing! Got lobster mac and cheese...creamed spinach and Parm fries for sides...entrees we got a rib eye steak which was very good but also got the sea bass which is probably the best I've had anywhere!

1  Thank sfoxnyc
There are newer reviews for The Capital Grille

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend & I went there for our anniversary. We found it looking through the book in our hotel room of local restaurants. We sat in the lounge area as there was no wait. I can't remember our servers name, which makes me sad because she was amazing. Extremely knowledgeable about the menu, area, drinks. Her recommendations were spot on. We had the mozzarella pruicetta with aged balsamic glaze. Excellent. I had the filet with lump crab meat, he had the tenderloin with lobster. They were both cooked to perfection. We shared the lobster mac & cheese. It was in a skillet that kept it hot the entire time. Plenty of big lobster pieces. Our server brought us free dessert & champagne to celebrate our anniversary. I had a cocktail with dinner, he had a few beers. With tip our bill was $225. Definitely not something we could do all the time, but it was well worth the cost. The atmosphere, food, drinks, service were above what we expected. The manager came to our table a few times to check on us, as we noticed him doing to all the tables all night. I highly recommend this restaurant if u have some extra money & want one of the best meals u will eat.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The food was outstanding but this menu was not the menu we were handed! Prices were high but worth the quality. The high prices just weren't on this menu.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I decided to take my wife on a slow Friday night. They have valet parking but it's not really needed. The interior is really nice and great for couples, families or large groups. The bar area is nice and would be a great place to catch a game or two.

The food is great! I had a bone in steak and mashed potatoes. My wife had the sea bass and asparagus. We tried different appetizers but we liked the crab cakes. The wine selection is great but I wish there were more single glass options. We are not wine drinkers so buying a bottle wasn't worth it for us.

The hostesses and servers weren't bad but need some training on making people feel welcomed to the restaurant. Our server was knowledgeable of the menu but the behavior made us not want to order more food or desserts. I did not leave wanting to give a large tip because of that.

I would return to try something different on the menu.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

This was an amazing restaurant. Lighting and ambiance were perfect! Not too dark or tacky. The steak was perfectly cooked. We ordered T-bone medium rare. The fries were just ok, but well cooked and seasoned, just not my favorite. The coconut cram pie was to die for and i am still dreaming about it.
The service was great. All questions were answered about the food and our server knew her stuff. The table was kept clean and dishes were served in a timely fashion. It's definitely a place we will visit again for special occasions.

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!