“A real Italian-American bistro in old town Loveland”
Review of Bella's

Bella's
Ranked #56 of 77 Restaurants in Loveland
Reviewed 29 September 2016

This is a relatively new restaurant with a great ambience. Service is excellent as is the food. The trout is especially fantastic as are the frequent specials. Wednesday is the best day to go as all wine bottles are half price. If you can, try to get a seat on the outside portion of the bar.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Bella's is a new restaurant in the cool and growing area of downtown Loveland. They have a great location, a very open feel with indoor and outdoor seating. The bar is lively with six large TV's.
Unfortunately, those are the best attributes I can share at this time. I know they are new and I want to give them a break (it could have easily been a two star review) but the rest of our experience was not good.
Although we were seated quite quickly - about a 10 minute wait at 7:00 on Saturday night, the service was incredibly slow. We waited for our server to show up, waited for drinks, waited for wine, waited to order, waited and waited for our food and it came at three different intervals for the four of us. It was at least ten minutes between the arrival of our first entree and the arrival of our fourth.
The food was very average. My chicken was very dry and overcooked. No one was impressed. And although it was not an expensive place, it was overpriced for what we received. When we shared our disappointments with our server, he made excuses but didn't seem empowered to do anything. The chef-owner came out a bit later, disagreed with the excuse that was proffered by his server, dropped an F-bomb, and was unimpressive with the way he handled it. He offered to comp one meal but then didn't. He also said he had something special for us and that he would send it out. We were expecting a gift certificate, a bottle of wine or something quite nice from the kitchen but it ended up being one shot of lemoncello. Just one.
To say we were disappointed is an understatement. Again, I know the place is fairly new and I want to cut them some slack but how a situation is handled says a lot and the way they handled their shortcomings was quite weak. It will be a while before I return and if my/our experience s not significantly better, it will be our last.

2  Thank CincyBrian