“So Relaxing and peaceful!”

Review of Hunters Retreat

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
HUNTER'S RETREAT
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
josh r
Salem, Ohio
“do not use their facilities.”
Reviewed 15 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

When we arrived at the cabin everything was fine but that quickly changed. My wife and I went to the bedroom to put our things away and my sister yelled for me to come to the kitchen. When I got there the drawers were full of big black carpenter ants. Then my wife went to lock at the hot tub only to find that it had not been cleaned in some time when we were told that it gets drained after each guests stay. The whole tub was covered in a white film. After that I picked up my 9 month old who had been called crawling on the floor and her hands legs and feet were absolutely black with dirt from the floors and so we're our sock since the floors were apparently not mopped. Both the livingroom and dining room furniture were in a terrible state of disrepair and falling apart. The beds were so noisy that it was almost impossible to get any sleep if you made any movement in the it would not only wake you but anyone in the next room as well. Then they expected you to do most of the housekeeping crews work for them and then you are expected to leave them a tip. Absolutely terrible do not rent their facilities.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Erinross6
“Could have been much better”
Reviewed 17 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

The house itself was nice, but the furniture and appliances were very cheap. The comforters smelled as if they had not been washed in several months. There were leaves in the sheets as though someone had slept in the bed with hunting boots on. The hot tub felt as if there was sand in the seats and in the bottom. There is an envelope to leave "gratuity" for the housekeeper, but they clearly did not know how to do their job very well. The cabin is at the bottom of a very steep hill that was very muddy, do not attempt to go to this cabin on a rainy or snowy weekend with out 4WD. The only thing I actually liked about the cabin was that it was five minutes from old mans cave.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Alexandra...
“So Relaxing and peaceful!”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The cabin was so clean and cozy. We had such a great time and loved the hot tub and the fireplace. It was so great to be off the grid for a few days! I wish we could have stayed for a week! Also, the staff was very quick to correspond via email and set up our stay. I would definitely go back!

Travelling group: Friends
Fotini R
“Just beautiful!”
Reviewed 2 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My husband and our two children wanted to get away for a couple days and this cabin was just perfect for what we had in mind! Everything was very clean and the cabin itself is beautiful! We can't wait to plan another trip back!

Shell527
Detroit, Michigan
“Very well maintained Cabin!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We actually stayed in grants escape. My daughter and son stayed as well . The cabin had plenty of room for us. Cabin was well equipped and the deck was awesome. Hot tub was good as well. We would stay here again and would highly recommend it to others! Great location!!!!!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing